GSP in marine water

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
OliverYarp
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Austria

GSP in marine water

Post by OliverYarp »

Hey I have 4 GSP and they are about 3-4cm (1.20-1,50") big. Currently they are living in a 27G brackish water tank which is obviously way too small for them, when they are fully grown. (I rescued them from a friends little brother because they would've died otherwise but didn't really have much time to inform myself about the puffers) That's why I decided that I will buy a 105G tank and slowly put more salt in the tank. But now my question is, how fast I can increase the amount of salt in the water and if I should do it in the 105G tank or if I could wait some more time and keep them in the 27G 2-4 months more so I could fill the 105G tank instant with marine (salt water)? I also know that I can't put plants in brackish water but it would probably work with marine water?

Hope to get a fast answer since I am really worried about their healt and also I'm sorry for the bad english I'm not from an english speaking country.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: GSP in marine water

Post by Pufferpunk »

Do you intend to eventually bring them up to saltwater? If that is the case, you can set up the 105 as a marine tank & drip-acclimate the puffers to that. If you can find cured live rock from an established tank, you should be good to go. you can add more through their growth period to support their bioload.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"