new to pea puffers and i have some questions

Look here for updates, announcements and the forum rules.
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
claudia123
Puffer Fry
Location (country): united states

new to pea puffers and i have some questions

Post by claudia123 »

Hi guy! I got two pea puffers a couple of days ago. they are currently in a 10 gallon tank which lots of plants and rocks with holes that they can go in and out of. Today I noticed they were swimming towards the top and as the day went on they just stayed at the top. i heard that means there is not enough oxygen in my tank, so I got an air bubbler. one of my puffers keeps going into the air bubbler and flying up should i be concerned about this? I am also worried that the air bubbler will cause then to knock into the sides of the tank or the rocks. I worried that it’s too strong for their little bodies. I am also confused on why there was not enough oxygen in the tank when i the filter is on and working. Both of them have also been doing a lot of glass surfing and i was wondering what to do to help them? They also have not eaten since i’ve gotten them. I have tried frozen bloodworms, frozen mysis shrimp, and frozen brine shrimp. what should i do? Please let me know what u guys think. Thanks.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: new to pea puffers and i have some questions

Post by Pufferpunk »

Moving to the hospital forum, so you can answer all the Qs above, in red.

In the meantime: https://www.pufferfishenthusiastsworldw ... vancoricus
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"