New irrubesco puffer, what should I feed it?

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Gusgusthepuff
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Australia

New irrubesco puffer, what should I feed it?

Post by Gusgusthepuff »

Hey, im new to freshwater pufferfish keeping and was inquiring on how much/what food should i feed my irrubesco puffer. He/she is approx 4inchs in length and is quite shy. I have the puffer eating prawns currently but will be having it eat blue mussels tomorrow hopefully. Im located in the Sydney region so be aware I might not have access to certain dietary needs.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: New irrubesco puffer, what should I feed it?

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Gusgusthepuff
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Australia

Re: New irrubesco puffer, what should I feed it?

Post by Gusgusthepuff »

Thanks will have a look at that. I fed him some frozen prawns which i cut up finely and dispersed along the front but he showed no interest in the food and swam to the corner of the tank where he sat. He looks pretty skinny. The ph is 7.6, the ammonia sits at 0.25, the nitrite is consistently 0 ppm, and the nitrate is consistently around 5.0 ppm to 10 ppm. Im going to try to feed him blue mussels that have been split opened and hopefully that is more similar to what he was fed at the store I purchased him from.
Last edited by Gusgusthepuff on Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.