Wanted: Orange or Red Congo Puffer

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Bradb
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Wanted: Orange or Red Congo Puffer

Post by Bradb »

I've been eyeing these guys for awhile, but have not seen any at my fish store. Anybody know where I could find one online?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Wanted: Orange or Red Congo Puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

They seem to be out of season but check Aquabid & WetPets.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Bradb
Puffer Fry

Post by Bradb »

Great news. After my LFS said they haven't seen them in stock for a long time they are getting some in later this week! Question I have a 30 long setup, cycled and ready to go. I'd like to get two, do you all think they would be ok together short term while I get a second tank setup and cycled? They are likely going to be small, 1 inch or so.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Absolutely not. You may end up with 2 dead puffers. You could split the tank with a divider.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
eieio
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: *
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"
RIP cream puff :-(
Location (country): U.S.A.

Post by eieio »

Bradb wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:45 pm Great news. After my LFS said they haven't seen them in stock for a long time they are getting some in later this week! Question I have a 30 long setup, cycled and ready to go. I'd like to get two, do you all think they would be ok together short term while I get a second tank setup and cycled? They are likely going to be small, 1 inch or so.
nightmare scenario.
"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
Bradb
Puffer Fry

Post by Bradb »

I got my first one and he is awesome and eating well! They had two and someone had reserved the red one so I got a nice orange one. I went ahead and reserved a second one, while I finished setting up a second tank. Picked him up yesterday. I now have a sweet red one and a nice orange one! I'm super excited as these guys are intriguing to watch!
Bradb
Puffer Fry

Post by Bradb »

Also, if anyone is looking for one, Aqua Imports based out of Boulder, CO has a few more in stock.