Tank Journal - puffers & tankmates

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: GSP: Puff Diddy
GSP: Julia *RIP*
GSP: Nan
2 ocellaris clowns (Fred & Ginger), Yellow Watchman goby (Snape) & fine-striped pistol shrimp (Blondie), lawnmower blenny (Lennie *RIP*), mandarin (Po), tailspot blenny (Basil), longnose hawkfish (Fergus), flame hawkfish (Carol), fromia (Peach), Springeri damsel (Neil)

CUC: tuxedo urchin (Spike), electric blue hermit (Hagrid), 3 turbo snails, turban snail, orange lip conch (Ron), 5 scarlet leg hermits, purple acro crab (Spot)*RIP*.
Location (country): Canada (Vancouver)

Re: Tank Journal - puffers & tankmates

Post by Maggiec »

Yeah the red spot blenny is a hoot. He’s like the cranky old guy yelling at the kids. Stay off my lawn!
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer
2 ocellaris clowns (Fred & Ginger), Yellow Watchman goby (Snape) & fine-striped pistol shrimp (Blondie), lawnmower blenny (Lennie *RIP*), mandarin (Po), tailspot blenny (Basil), longnose hawkfish (Fergus), flame hawkfish (Carol), fromia (Peach), Springeri damsel (Neil)

CUC: tuxedo urchin (Spike), electric blue hermit (Hagrid), 3 turbo snails, turban snail, orange lip conch (Ron), 5 scarlet leg hermits, purple acro crab (Spot)*RIP*.

Post by Maggiec »

Annual Update :cheers:

Well, January is here again and it marks the 2nd anniversary of the "new" tank as well as the 4th anniversary of my GSPs' jump into saltwater.

Everyone is doing well, and I'm fully into coral addiction. I'm doing what I said I never would do, which is spending silly money on colourful sticks. The good thing is I'm doing well enough to sell frags here and there, which helps me offset the spending. The fish gang are very happy living together, with Gary the yellow tang being the most obnoxious one at feeding time, always trying to hog every little bit. Petey the Valentini is super chill, just minds his own business, and Puff Diddy rules the tank with a benevolent hand. So far so good...

Happy reefing!

Full tank shot:Image
Home sweet home:

"Hey those two guys out there look just like us!"Image

Puff being fat at bedtime:Image

Puff enjoying shellfish a la carte:Image

Overhead of Nan's markings:Image

Petey:Image

Petey likes to sleep in random places:Image

Notable events of 2019: Clowns hosted (and spawning regularly) and mandarins find love (also spawning regularly):Image

New friend:Image
Matts
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 2 tetraodon schoutedeni
Location (country): Belgium

Post by Matts »

What an absolutely stunning tank. Beautiful pictures too!
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Maggiec »

Matts wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 pm What an absolutely stunning tank. Beautiful pictures too!
Thanks! Green spotted puffers got me into this hobby and really opened a “whole new world” :lol:
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Wow, you sure got bit! I couldn't even keep zoas with my GSPs. How big is that tank?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer

Post by Maggiec »

I feel very lucky but I still get nervous every morning walking down to the tank. I just keep feeding them like emperors lol.
Tank measures 72x18x20, about 110 gal.

Yeah I got bit hard. I also just started a little 25 gal temperate softies tank so now I’ve got multi tank syndrome as well. Hard to believe you helped me set up my first tank 4 years ago - I didn’t know live rock from a potato!