Schoutedeni vs. GSP

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
ucxk033
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Schoutedeni vs. GSP

Post by ucxk033 »

OK lets just start this, sorry for the freak out. I was on Facebook and saw some discussions where someone was sold an F8 but then some said it was schoutedeni and some said GSP. I am a newbie, so I think I have a GSP, but now I'm paranoid because I do not know how to tell the difference and do not want to hurt my friend as I have the salinity at 1.006 right now. I am wondering if they were mislabeled now because when I got my lil one there were many in the tank that were tan and not green, but most of those were less than an inch. My puffer is very bright green on top, the sides are beige and white belly. The picture is when I first got him and he is eating in the quarantine tank. I can try and get a current picture but he starts zooming every time I walk up because that must mean feeding time. I struggle to get a picture with him sitting still.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Schoutedeni vs. GSP

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
ucxk033
Puffer Fry

Post by ucxk033 »

Thank you for the reassurance!! I was nervous watching all the back and forth and was fearful I may have been duped. I will keep working on bringing up the salinity.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Before raising the salt, be sure the tank is stable for about a month. How was it cycled?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19348
I also have a GSP facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1855228 ... =bookmarks
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

ucxk033
Puffer Fry

Post by ucxk033 »

It had my daughters F8 and guppies. She took the F8 to school and then I put the GSP in and moved the guppies to a fresh cycled 10 with plants. The 30 gallon had been up for 5 months before the GSP ever went in. I have been slow about increasing the salinity. If I have any ammonia fluctuations then I do not increase the salt at all. I think my fluctuations were from feeding though. If I feed with tongs, I noticed the fluctuations stopped. I think I was missing stuff when cleaning up. I will check out the Facebook. I had found one group last night just for GSPs and had been on a group called Puffer friends, I like seeing all the information. Being a newbie I need all the information I can get. Thanks again!!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

we also have a The Puffer Forum group on FB.