Feeding fahaka puffer

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Lindy
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Uk

Feeding fahaka puffer

Post by Lindy »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but hoping you can all help! We've recently got a fahaka puffer and I'm after advice on what to feed. I know he needs things in shells for his teeth every week or so, like cockles muscles etc. But my question is can we feed him 'human' shellfish from the fish monger or supermarket? I know it's supposed to be raw, and not cooked. but someone said you had to be careful feeding stuff from supermarket as the proper fish food is gamma radiated? So now worried we should only be feeding specific fish food. However fish food in the shell seems hard to get hold of. I've got some ramshorn snails on the way but now not sure what else to feed or where from?! I'm in the UK, so any advice on what to feed or where I can get it would be much appreciated. Many thanks
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Feeding fahaka puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
If it's safe for human consumption, it's safe for your fish (uncooked, of course).
library/feeding/feeding-your-puffers/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"