WTB irrubesco

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Verivus
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

WTB irrubesco

Post by Verivus »

I know this is a longshot, but I am looking for irrubesco puffers. I had a pair but my male passed last year. I still have my female, so would prefer a male, but at this point I'll take any. Located in the US. My female is NFS.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: WTB irrubesco

Post by Pufferpunk »

There are lots of folks here looking for the same but have had very bad luck finding them. Hopefully, someone here will chime in.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

What state you live in? I have spent two years down the throats of every human who can spell Irrubesco, and to spare you the jabber- they don't travel here often. 2015 was the last wave, I have a friend in Washington who has kept me close to the chest and has gotten confirmation they will be here for him in feb.... these are so sought after, I don't want to make any hopes- but this has been my life's mission since dec 2015... and even I won't believe it until I see it. Forget aquabid, forget aquariumfish.net and don't bother with wetspot, even my own beloved aqurium coop can't and won't get them, unless you want a Cochin mislabeled as Irrubesco, they can get you those allll day!) They won't have them. Hit your GOOD local shops, find the guy who KNOWS his puffers, really knows, and get real honest. The guy who is getting me mine, has some at home, so I have eyes on confirmation he knows how to get them for me. It's the only way, believe me. Go to your local fishbox.com forum and ask around, bc looking nationwide won't help. They are too rare and coveted for them to ever cross the interweb.
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown
Verivus
Puffer Fry

Post by Verivus »

I'm in AZ but am happy to pay shipping if its possible to get in on your source for some. I got mine in 2015 from wetspot and haven't seen anymore since. I had ordered a trio but one didn't survive shipping and my male passed last year, reason unknown. My female is doing great, and I would really like to try and breed her.
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

I heard that there were some that surfaced in MA in nov, they were long gone by time I caught wind. The guy I'm working with is a puffer enthusiast and knows weather 2 or 20 survive the trip, I'll kick my musband out to make room! lol I have been working on it so long, I am dying to try and breed them- not bc of any reason than I adore these fish and would love for them to be around without mass deaths. TBH, I can't house more than a few and would love to know someone close enough who is safe to ship some to. My worry is more males than females and having to singly house each one. It's only a month away, and if male is what you need, I'll pm you so we can keep in touch. He warned me in advance that it may be possible I won't get one female, or more likely a Lorteti female who will murder their own let alone an Irrubesco male (the one female could be be the wrong species bc the females look so alike). Already some have shown up in the U.K, and some on the east coast. Small shops even so.
Verivus
Puffer Fry

Post by Verivus »

I think I know the store in MA you're talking about. I have someone keeping an eye out for them over there in case they get more. I'll lyk if I hear anything.
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

Tideline aquatics in SC had them since Nov and just sold the last male a few days ago. They don’t ship😪, but they are calling me when they get more... IF they get more. My guy just got an order placed... we will see if they actually show up. I have learned that finding them on the list doesn’t ensure they will come in the next order. Or any order. As soon as I get them I will be sleeping in a protective ball cuddling the aquarium! It’s a tough game bc it’s such a short period to snag a seasonal puffer, then it’s another year of waiting.

I have been dying to ask someone who has hands on experience- have you noticed any personality or temperament differences between the male and female Irrubesco?? How well did yours get along? What was your setup like with them both? If you don’t mind me asking?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Where in SC are they?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

Charleston, they call the Irrubescos “evil as ever”... makes me wonder how much they really know about these puffs at all.
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

I WANT ONE!!!!!!! You better text me the minute you hear from them! Pp could probably help as she is on the east coast!
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

You were the first person who helped me look outside my home state, you were already getting one or two! I must admit, as much money, time, and life energy as I have put into looking for these fish- with no avail, I wouldn’t have all my other puff babies if I would have found them right away. Well... once you love a puffer, there IS no other! Why is that?!? It took me years to get more “regular” fish, I had my first fish for a year before I got others. As soon as I got one puff, a month later another two more, than another. All 4 we’re gotten within 4 months lol I have a feeling I’m gonna be on a roll again!!😆
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

Yep, my porky was my ‘holy grail’ lol
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
Verivus
Puffer Fry

Post by Verivus »

Mine were friendly for puffers. I kept them both with pea puffers in a planted 30g. Female is still with the peas. Male was a bit territorial, but they all got along for the most part. They both would come begging for food and follow me along the length of the glass. The female is very docile. She is interested in food more than anything else. The peas leave her alone. I call her Queenie since she's the queen of the tank, lol. She's definitely one of my favorites
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

Awww, that sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing that with me. Many explain them as being elusive and always hiding. Most my time with my fish is in the evening and so I love nocturnal puffers, it just works out better. I am really excited to see what personalities mine will have!

Has your female changed at all since the male passed? Is she out any more or less than before? Grown any more braisen or aggressive since it’s been just her? I wonder very much how differently the Irrubesco act in male/female vs same sex pairs, also as opposed to being housed singly. If any certain tank mate combination (like two females together, or a male and female pair) or lack there of, would make the Irrubesco more comfortable or social with their caregiver? 🤔
Verivus
Puffer Fry

Post by Verivus »

I didn't really notice much of a change in behavior. They were both great eaters and not shy at all