WTB female Irrubesco or lorteti

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Honey (SIP Cantaloupe): C. Travancoricus
Mad Max: P. Cochinchinensis
Apollo: T. Miurus
(SIP Bonnie) Clyde: C. Irrubesco
SIP Orchid
Location (country): USA-Seattle, WA

WTB female Irrubesco or lorteti

Post by Bleedingheartmommy »

I have been looking for quite some time and thought I would see what happens!

I want a female (preferably, but will take a male at this point) Carinotetraodon Irrubesco. I am also interested in the lorteti. I am willing to pay shipping as well as a heightened price for this rare find, as I am only able to find these Fw red eye puffers in Australia and the U.K.- and none will ship (no matter how much I offered to pay) to Washington state (US).

I stock the usual digs/ aquabid and wetspottropical (they're only a 3 hour drive from me so that's my best chance), as well as most other various online fish retailers. Any leads would be greatly appreciated as this has been my dream for quite some time!

Any help
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: WTB female Irrubesco or lorteti

Post by Pufferpunk »

Wetspot will ship. That's where I got my Hairy puffer from.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

Thank you @pufferpunk it's a pleasure to finally meet you, I have read and heard so many great things about you (plus your a woman after my own heart- love the bike and love the ink!!!)

Sad story- I have been pestering wet spot for quite some time and a customer returned a male lorteti in store. a member of another forum happened to email asking for one just hours after the return! So they give it to him, without posting it or giving the public a fair chance, or calling those of us who have been calling relentlessly for months on months :(

Everyone says wait for warmer weather, but it's so random when they pop up on wetspot or aquabid. I will have to continue my tireless searching lol
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

I've only ever seen a red spot puff once :/
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

So I emailed wet spot tropical, they're familiar with me there :) the answer I got broke my heart, as I have never gotten this honest of a reply. It really took the wind from my sails as they're the only place to get them:

"Hi,

Unfortunately we are unable to find any source for these puffers. We don't know why, but they are not available through our normal means, so I doubt we will see them again soon. I recommend checking out list every week as usual, but I cannot be more specific than that. I'm sorry!"

So it looks as though I will go 2 MORE years looking. I feel super sad... off to eat some chololate!
"Genetics loads the gun, and environment pulls the trigger."-Brené Brown
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

:(
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

I was dying to share, so here's the update:

Abei: found one online and am waiting for pictures and specs on the actual puffer I would be purchasing like age, if it's wild caught, etc (not generic internet photos and care info).

Irrubesco: so I found a wholesaler, who sent me to their merchant and....OMG I got a hit. She said they were orderable but corporate may get involved as they don't always let special orders through. However, this wonderful woman Ellzabeth (Elle's-a-Beth) is going to call sister stores to get one who will let the order slide through, if she encounters issues. I will keep you all posted- if this happens there will be 1-2 extra fish in the order and I know there's other good people looking for them here! I'm trying not to get excited, but this is the closest I have come!

Lorteti: I am speaking with @steveo privately and he is keeping his male lorteti, however- he told me he once owned Irrubescos and he's getting me the phone number for where he precured them, In Connecticut he said!

It's not even close to a for sure, but it feels good to have a couple fresh leads!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

:hyper:

hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
Bleedingheartmommy
Figure 8 Puffer
SIP Orchid

😝 A gentlemen selling his lorteti back in Jan emailed me out of the blue today... and he's decided to sell his puff again! So, here we go! I'm elated, floating on air... like I won the lotto, fallen in love, and had my first child all at once!
I pray that this won't fall through like the countless others... but I can't resist getting excited!
Mike16T
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by Mike16T »

Bleedingheartmommy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:36 pm 😝 A gentlemen selling his lorteti back in Jan emailed me out of the blue today... and he's decided to sell his puff again! So, here we go! I'm elated, floating on air... like I won the lotto, fallen in love, and had my first child all at once!
I pray that this won't fall through like the countless others... but I can't resist getting excited!
Hi,

I'm new here and also from Seattle.. =) Been looking for some Irubesco and just like you, I asked Wetspot many times about it. I wish I saw this post sooner, I just ordered Tetraodon Schoutedeni and should be arriving today or tomorrow.. =)

Congrats on snagging the Lorteti.. ^_^

--Mike
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles

Post by Pufferpunk »

Bleedingheartmommy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:36 pm 😝 A gentlemen selling his lorteti back in Jan emailed me out of the blue today... and he's decided to sell his puff again! So, here we go! I'm elated, floating on air... like I won the lotto, fallen in love, and had my first child all at once!
:hyper: