Dogs

Tell us about your other furry, winged or scaley friends!
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Re: Dogs

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

Pufferpunk wrote:Pitbulls are my favorite breed but hubby doesn't trust them. I can't tell you how many times my JRT has bit him!
They're my favorite, too. My pitbull is an amazing dog. I have 2 younger sisters and a younger brother. The girls are 4, and my brother is 13 and the dog is super tolerant of everything they do. They can lay on him, dress him up, put blankets on up, set their pop up tents up over him and he doesn't mind anything.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Colomesus asellus
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos
Red eye red tailed puffer
Location (country): Bristol , UK

Post by Puffer King »

4 weeks is way to young , puppies are doing a lot of development at this stage especially bone structure , such an early seperation from its mother at this age causes malnourishment that will be reflected in the dog as it grows .....too many people out there breeding for the wrong reasons , ie financial gain ........pitbulls are largely banned in uk , but you can lawfully own one if its registered and kept only on private grounds and poses no risk to the public ........trouble with this legislation is its driven it underground and there are lots of unregistered pbs around .People do tend to keep them for the wrong reasons and a lot end up dead in the pit . One of the biggest examples of a breed being kept for the wrong reasons in the uk is the staffordshire bull terrier , a lovely dog with a great temperament that unfortunately recieves bad press , ie attacks on other dogs and humans . Which is down to the fact that there are a lot of them around and many are owned by idiots who own them for the 'image ' and for financial gain , you hear of to many of them being overbred , bred to young and worst of all even inbreeding resulting in things like cleft pallates etc .
As i always say its not the breed of the dog that causes it to attack it sthe way the owner has raised it . Incidents of course will be more fatal when you deal with fighting and large working breeds rather than say a chihuahua! .....watched a programme last night , it was somewhwere in america where a exotic pet keeper decided to let loose all his collection which included the likes of grizzlys , tigers and allsorts , the police rather than use tranquilizer guns , shot and killed the lot , there was a slighty similar event here recently albeit on a less grand scale where the police shot a pitbull dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__J9Wc1eLMQ[/youtube]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19115190.........you'd think in this day and age the police would carry some type of tranquilizer gun ...
'Rare do Tom agree in the rated room with the retard moo ! '
Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos

Post by Puffer King »

Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I missed the 4 week part... agree 100%.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos

Post by Puffer King »

Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos

Post by Puffer King »

Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

Puffer King wrote:4 weeks is way to young , puppies are doing a lot of development at this stage especially bone structure , such an early seperation from its mother at this age causes malnourishment that will be reflected in the dog as it grows .....
I am well aware that 4 weeks was way too early. However, I have no idea who the original owner was and many states have no regulations on when you give away your puppies. He has a few issues, but so far, nothing major. It saddens me that many people are not responsible with their dog owning and breeding. i did not buy this dog from the original breeder, and I do not support irresponsible breeding. I just got him from a college student who wanted him to go to a good house, instead of being placed in a shelter where he would have died.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

This is my ever hungry, but loveable 6.5 year old beagle named Lady.

And this is Taz, our German Pinscher, who's 17 months old and 40lbs. Full of energy, love, piss and vinegar. Really has brought a lot of life into our little family and he has given my ol' woman dog some spring back into her step. She's really not that old, but you'd think she was ancient before we got Taz. Always sleeping, moaning if you moved her, just a couch potato. She's not anymore LOL
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Post by Arny »

Check out this cool Staffordshire Bull Terrier

nphilli31
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 3 Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): United States

Post by nphilli31 »

I have a 4 year old PitBull named Dakota. She is also an amazing dog. Totally tolerant of anything that happens. With one exception, she doesn't like it when strangers walk in the house. But i am totally fine with that. If I introduce you to her, the worst thing that will happen is you will get a big slobbery kiss on the face. She was around a 2year old a 4 year old and a 6 year old. They would pull on her tail smack her in the face and she wouldn't do anything about it. I did!! lol. I was like HEY! THATS MY DOG LEAVE HER ALONE!!! lol.

Btw. I think that Terrier is part cat. lol
So many water changes, so little time.
Lilie
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): Germany

Post by Lilie »

@goldielocke76

I love the photo of the Beagle! :D I think Beagles are one of the cutest dogs!
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.