few GSP questions

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Gooburz
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

few GSP questions

Post by Gooburz »

So I've been reading and seeing a lot on GSP's and putting them into full marine but at what point do you put GSP's into full marine? I know start out at brackish but how long can they live and do well in that type of water? is there a certain size or age when you convert them to full marine or do you just start doing it right away? I know i have figure 8's but i was curious about this because i see people mention it all the time.
That and my LFS just got GSP's in and they look beautiful! and amazingly enough they have them in brackish water off the bat and NOT freshwater, i was amazed but then again this place is amazing! If anyone is in MD near Baltimore check out my post on LFS lower in the forum, best selection i've ever seen and extremely well taken care of!
DrKennethNoisewater
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Puffers:
2xGSP
Non Puffers:
3xPictus Catfish
1xBlack Ghost Knife
1xGolden Dojo Loach
1xHighfin Pleco
1xBoesemani Rainbow
4xHarlequin Rasboras
Location (country): under a bridge ontario, canada

Re: few GSP questions

Post by DrKennethNoisewater »

good to hear of a good LFS every once in a while. i am so sick of mine being a giant bunch of *(%#@)($. and as far as gsp's go mine outgrew my salt tank and is about 2" in full salt. i converted him slowly at about 1 1/2 inches and he didnt seem to mind one bit. my lfs keeps about 30 gsp in about a 20g freshwater tank and they all just sit on the bottom haggard, i tell them, they dont care. i wish there was an animal cruelty line to call that they would care about fish.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

You can put them in full marine as soon as you wish. They breed in f/w or b/w and head back to higher salt once spawned, the young follow back
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Nuclear_Glitter
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): North Carolina, USA

Post by Nuclear_Glitter »

If you want one in full marine you're probably best off setting up the entire tank with all the equipment and live rock and everything you need before you get the fish. After everything is set up, cycled, and in great condition, just drip acclimate the GSP.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford