So I'm sitting here...

Come here to post and discuss other sites.
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

So I'm sitting here...

Post by J-P »

I cam across this site: http://thatfishlady.com/

for some reason she has a lot of info on puffers... I have never heard of her before and haven't finished reading the blog yet... but she seems to be carving out a niche that PP built.
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
PolishPuff
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: ________

Also cared for;

Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away
Auriglobus modestus-----Traded
Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport.
Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded
Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded
Congo Puffer ------------Traded
South American Puffers -Traded
Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :(
Location (country): USA-Chicago, IL

Re: So I'm sitting here...

Post by PolishPuff »

:shock:

I think its a good find

I've never heard of that her either
"Lost time is never found again" Benjamin Franklin
That_FishLady
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by That_FishLady »

That would be me :) I'm haven't been active in many forums, which is why you probably haven't heard of me. I'm much better at lurking and absorbing information than I am at starting conversations, but I'm working on that. I'm certainly not trying to take over anyone's niche; I think there's more than enough room for multiple people with good information!

I just happen to really like puffers, as well. The website you're referring to - thatfishlady .com - is just one that I'm trying to put together as a hub for all the fish-related ebooks I write. However, I'm not actively working on it right now. I am actively working on putting freshwaterpufferfish .org together, though.
Looking for a book on keeping puffers? Don't forget to check out the [url=ttp://freshwaterpufferfish.org/puffer-care/beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-keeping-freshwater-puffers-book-review]Beginner's Guide to Keeping Freshwater Puffers[/url]!
J-P
Former Staff Member

Post by J-P »

glad you found us / were here all along.

I actually found you on fiverr.com and then checked the name and found your blog :)

I personally think the site is excellent, but I haven't read through it entirely. I did comment on the feeding portion regarding the shrimp. It will show up in your comments section ;)

That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

J-P wrote:glad you found us / were here all along.

I actually found you on fiverr.com and then checked the name and found your blog :)

I personally think the site is excellent, but I haven't read through it entirely. I did comment on the feeding portion regarding the shrimp. It will show up in your comments section ;)
I had just approved that comment, actually - and then suddenly I noticed people were finding the freshwater puffer site through That Fish Lady, which confused me since I've done nothing to promote it. That's how I found this post. I was really excited to see a comment that wasn't spam 8) I'll work on going through all the posts and including that little piece of info; probably not tonight, though.
Looking for a book on keeping puffers? Don't forget to check out the [url=ttp://freshwaterpufferfish.org/puffer-care/beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-keeping-freshwater-puffers-book-review]Beginner's Guide to Keeping Freshwater Puffers[/url]!
J-P
Former Staff Member

Post by J-P »

take your time ... you are doing the right thing. Nothing is critical :)

Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

LOL, I just clicked on the contact link at your site to invite you here but it didn't work.
[welcome]
Did you write that Beginner's Guide? I've always meant to write one...
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
J-P
Former Staff Member

Post by J-P »

one word of advice I can give. Sorry I know people don't like unsolicited advice...

Spin your articles when cross posting. With Panda out now the ranking may suffer.

I took a clip from an article and searched the EXACT phrase (to see if it was legit), and got 14 exact matches.

Cross posting , syndication and backlinking are fine, but now Google will rank original content higher than duplicated content.

BTW... I am sure PP is going to thank you for posting a link to this site on your "aquarium FAQ page" ;) ^5
Last edited by J-P on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

J-P wrote:one word of advice I can give. Sorry I know people don't like unsolicited advice...

Spin your articles when cross posting. With Panda out now the ranking may suffer.

I took a clip from an article and searched the EXACT phrase (to see if it was legit), and got 14 exact matches.

Cross posting , syndication and backlinking are fine, but now Google will rank original content higher than duplicated content.
Thanks for the advice ;) I'm not entirely new to IM; the freshwater puffer site is just a hobby site of mine. Was it an article on my actual site? I've only submitted a few of them to Ezine, so there shouldn't really be any other copies of those articles on the web; except for the ones people have used without permission or scraped. I use completely separate articles for back linking - some of which I spin, others I don't.
That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

J-P wrote:BTW... I am sure PP is going to thank you for posting a link to this site on your "aquarium FAQ page" ;) ^5
:) I may be relatively inactive on forums, but I've recommended this board to so many people online and off now - that's why I wanted to make sure I mentioned that I wasn't trying to take anything over. When I worked at a pet store and people would come in asking about puffers, I always wrote this URL down on a sticky note and gave it to them...not that I was supposed to be doing that, but whatever. I'm surprised I never got fired for all the advice I gave that I wasn't supposed to, or products I purposely choice not to promote.
That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

Pufferpunk wrote:LOL, I just clicked on the contact link at your site to invite you here but it didn't work.
[welcome]
Did you write that Beginner's Guide? I've always meant to write one...

Well, shoot. I thought I replied to this one, but it doesn't look like it posted. Thanks for the head's up on the contact link - I think I have it working now. :) I spend too much time tweaking the themes, so I'm sure I did something to mess it up...Although, if you're talking about the one that was mentioned first in this thread, That Fish Lady, I highly doubt anything works like it should - that's a project on the back burner for now.

Yup, I did - the idea for it was mostly spawned from irritation at a pet store, and then it somehow turned into almost seventy pages. I actually sent you an email a couple of months ago asking if you wanted a free copy of it to look it over; it probably went to the spam folder since I used a free Yahoo email address. The offer is still good though, if you're interested. I'm actually working on several more ~20 page care guides for each one of the puffers we personally keep.
J-P
Former Staff Member

Post by J-P »

No I can clearly see you are not new to IM :)

The phrase was " A well bred Ryukin will also have a very deep, egg shaped body."

Just out of curiosity I do this from time to time with my stuff also. I like to see where the article lands or if it is scraped / stolen.

That_FishLady
Puffer Fry

Post by That_FishLady »

J-P wrote:No I can clearly see you are not new to IM :)

The phrase was " A well bred Ryukin will also have a very deep, egg shaped body."

Just out of curiosity I do this from time to time with my stuff also. I like to see where the article lands or if it is scraped / stolen.
Ah, oh well. They can have the goldfish articles :) That site is still REALLY under construction. I wanted to still continue helping people with their fish tanks after I quit the pet store, but unfortunately I don't have the luxury of making any of my fish sites a priority yet. I'm still working on rearranging the pictures on each of the posts on that site, tweaking colors, making a logo...making sure all the external links go to the right places, and getting all the posts interlinked correctly. I'm lucky that one even ranks right now for anything.
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Colomesus asellus
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos
Red eye red tailed puffer
Location (country): Bristol , UK

Post by Puffer King »

sites looking good , keep up the good work :)
'Rare do Tom agree in the rated room with the retard moo ! '
Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I actually sent you an email a couple of months ago asking if you wanted a free copy of it to look it over; it probably went to the spam folder since I used a free Yahoo email address.
You're4 probably right, I've requested one now though. ;)

If you could get that book down to about 20 pages, I think it would sell at LFS.

I also am a lover of GF: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28973
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"