1 : Apteronotus albifrons
1 : Stigmatogobius sadanundio
2 : Brachygobius xanthozona
3 : Epalzeorhynchus frenatus.
4 : Pantodon buchholzi
6 : Xiphophorus helleri

Carinotetraodon Lorteti

Post by jimi »

why isnt Carinotetraodon Lorteti in the pufferpedia i think it sould be represented
crazedpuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x Porcupine Puffer
1xValentini

Re: Carinotetraodon Lorteti

Post by crazedpuffer »

Their care is basically the same as Irrubesco's and I don't think we have enough pictures to make a page for it
jimi
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: 2 Tetraodon biocellatus :karma and Vipaka
1 Carinotetraodon Lorteti : gir
1 Auriglobus modestus :big red
1 Takifugu ocellatus : shark bait
Other
1 : Apteronotus albifrons
1 : Stigmatogobius sadanundio
2 : Brachygobius xanthozona
3 : Epalzeorhynchus frenatus.
4 : Pantodon buchholzi
6 : Xiphophorus helleri

Post by jimi »

i can get some pictures i know its the same thing but people doing there home work for there future and possibly first puffer use this site and trust it from what it seems so i think we should represent this species it was jsut an idea
Umbrella
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 12 T. Nigroviridis
2 Giant GSP (not a real gsp IMO)
9 T. Biocellatus ( 6 are babies )
4 C. Assellus
18 C. Travancoricus
4 M. Cochinchinensis
5 Auriglobus Silus
4 Chelonodon Patoca
1 O. Cubicus

Post by Umbrella »

jimi wrote:why isnt Carinotetraodon Lorteti in the pufferpedia i think it sould be represented
If someone else can write up the info's for them, I can supply photos. I have some friends who work at the LFS and they just got about 20-30 Lorteti Puffers in. I'm 100% sure they will not mind.

I just can't agree to work on another project at the moment because I am in the middle of Helping Groov and Pufferfreak complete the pedias for Auriglobus Silus and Canthigaster Epilampra. I need to finish these 2 first >.<
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

What ever happened to those pics?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
OkieMavis
Puffer Fry

Post by OkieMavis »

Here's my version of the c. lorteti. I've got lots of photos too if you need.
Carinotetraodon lorteti
Common Name: Red Eye Red Belly Puffer
Family: Tetraodontidae
Distribution: Thailand & Eastern India
Water Parameters: Temp: 25.5 - 27.5C (78 - 82F); pH:6.0 - 7.4; dH 4-10
Personality/Temperament: Generally very aggressive, considered the most aggressive of the “red eye puffers”.
Activity: Active hunter when food is present and very interactive with people outside tank. Generally more active at night.
Max. Size: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm)
Estimated Lifespan: Not known
Sexual Dimorphism: Females are generally greyer while males are browner. Males have a bright red patch on stomach.
Diet: Feeding and Diet article
Care: Tank must be thoroughly cycled and well filtered as these fish are extremely sensitive to poor water quality.
Breeding: Very difficult. They are aggressive and unpredictable towards each other; it would require a large tank (40+ gallons) and heavy decoration/planting.
Minimum Tank Size: 20 US gallons (75 liters)
Other Notes: These fish have the ability to change color somewhat to fit their surroundings. They will also change color depending on mood and become much darker when stressed.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Wonderful, thanks! Of course we need pics too.
Breeding: Very difficult. They are aggressive and unpredictable towards each other; it would require a large tank (40+ gallons) and heavy decoration/planting.
No kidding! My female killed her mate, after spawning with him 3x. Guess he didn't preform up to her expectations. ;)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
OkieMavis
Puffer Fry

Post by OkieMavis »

Yeah, my male (before I acquired him) was living in a heavily planted 55 with two females and he killed both of them. He also lived with a pike for a while- the only fish to survive with him I think! Now my guy lives in isolation, and he seems very happy about it. Just out of interest though, did you manage to raise any of the fry? How'd you get them to spawn?

Here's some pics, unfortunately I don't have a female to get photos of:

The evil man himself-

Changing colors-

Red belly-

Markings/coloration-
julianchan
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP Elevator.....Lord Vator to everyone else...

Post by julianchan »

That is one really cool looking puffer! Nice photos
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

My pair lives together in a 22 G, and so far they have done well. They look very healthy and happy. The female is the most aggressive one, even though she is smaller than her husband. She has shown some aggression against him, but nothing worse than expected. Not so much that I consider moving her. I find lortetis very curious and social, much more than my irrubescos and my salivator (who like to hide from me). They most certainly have a different temper than the irrubescos, who they are so much alike in other ways.
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

OkieMavis
Puffer Fry

Post by OkieMavis »

Grr...I definitely need to get my hands on some females! I would kill to breed them, and with my new shelf o' tanks, I've got the capacity to do it. I'll have to start growing a jungle of val in a 29 and go from there.
Troender
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).

Post by Troender »

OkieMavis wrote:and with my new shelf o' tanks, I've got the capacity to do it.
I've got a rack with 9 tanks, 7 of them containing puffers. A few minutes ago, I was standing in front of it, and had 6 puffers staring at me. I really felt being watched! :lol:
Don't be too disappointed if you don't succeed in breeding them. As far as I know, they haven't been bred in captivity.
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

OkieMavis
Puffer Fry

Post by OkieMavis »

Yeah, I wouldn't be too disappointed, just happy if I could keep more than one fish in a tank when it comes to my puffer. I actually asked my LFS to order some today, so with luck I'll have them in a week or two :)
Lil' Swimz$
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Lorteti - Peaches
Location (country): USA

Post by Lil' Swimz$ »

Ooooh! I never saw this thread!!! Great info OkieMavis!! I've got a female I can try to get pics of. She doesn't mind the camera at all unlike my DP. Wow! How many more pics would you say we'd need, PP?
Ha ha, he he! DAncE whEn yoU're HAPpppy! He he he! DAnce, danCE, DANCe!
busybones
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: ******
(1)T. lineatus-Fahaka~Pookie 125 gal
(1)M. turgidus- Brown Puffer~Rowdy 30 gal
(1)T.nigroviridis-GSP~ 55 gal
Location (country): USA

Post by busybones »

I have some pics of my male and female i'd be happy to let TPF use...