40G Breeder Valentini Tank

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
Hillehaus
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP.
Location (country): United States

40G Breeder Valentini Tank

Post by Hillehaus »

I was wondering if anyone with Valentini experience could help me solve a stocking question:

I have a 40g Breeder with a 20g sump (large skimmer) and 60lb of live rock between the two.
The tank is stocked with:
1 Valentini (3")
2 Ocellaris Clowns (1", 1.75")
many, many Zoas/palys
mushrooms,
small montipora
some toadstools

Is this tank capped out, as far as fish go? Is there room for a nano fish or two? If so, i'm looking for suggestions that bring a slash of color/movement to the tank without compromising the health of the original inhabitants and corals.

Thanks
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: 40G Breeder Valentini Tank

Post by Pufferpunk »

I think you could add some fast-moving fish. Problem is though, clowns are damselfish & can get very aggressive, especially if breeding.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Maggiec
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: GSP: Puff Diddy
GSP: Julia *RIP*
GSP: Nan
2 ocellaris clowns (Fred & Ginger), Yellow Watchman goby (Snape) & fine-striped pistol shrimp (Blondie), lawnmower blenny (Lennie *RIP*), mandarin (Po), tailspot blenny (Basil), longnose hawkfish (Fergus), flame hawkfish (Carol), fromia (Peach), Springeri damsel (Neil)

CUC: tuxedo urchin (Spike), electric blue hermit (Hagrid), 3 turbo snails, turban snail, orange lip conch (Ron), 5 scarlet leg hermits, purple acro crab (Spot)*RIP*.
Location (country): Canada (Vancouver)

Re: 40G Breeder Valentini Tank

Post by Maggiec »

I vote for a long-nose hawk (but I'm biased :wink:). My Fergus (may he swim in peace) was very fast & capable of competing for food, but without any aggression issues. I really miss him & would love to find another one