Do marine tanks absolutely need water changes at all?

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
Hillehaus
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: 1 GSP.
Location (country): United States

Re: Do marine tanks absolutely need water changes at all?

Post by Hillehaus »

@TheStig I think that is par for the course in this hobby. It is the natural progression of bigger + better + different + rare + etc...Are you sticking with a FOWLR or going reef?

I also agree with Welch4. After running the CPR and Remora, the Remora is the one I'm using and the CPR has been relegated to back up.

@hadla good luck with the set up! Scour eBay and Craigslist. 80% of the equipment in my setup was either hand built (stand) or second hand through one of the two. If you have the patience to wait for a solid deal, you can save a lot of money in the initial set up.
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

Yeah I found a decent one on Craigslist but I don't have the extra $65 right now :/
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
TheStig
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: DP
Location (country): USA

Post by TheStig »

Hey Hillehaus,

Yea, I'm gonna keep it simple so just LR w/ the GSP in a 40 gal. Corals are a whole different ballgame and something extra I have to worry about. I can barely keep my live plants going (killed my water wisteria, altho my anarcharis is now thriving) so I dont think I wanna invest in them.

I promised my husband 2 tanks max, so... I figure might as well go marine, and have fun w/ it. I really like the Abei tho... and it'll be fun to have a non-puffer 20 L planted w/ a SWARM of CPDs & RCS. Hmm.
10 gallon: 1 dwarf puffer, 3 Otos, 1 amano shrimp

Don't let your wet friend suffer - PufferPunk