Saline water and septic tanks

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: target puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers
Location (country): La Belle Province

Saline water and septic tanks

Post by Master of Puffers »

Is it safe to discharge saline/brackish water into septic tanks?

With the start of winter being soon, I'm wondering if I can discharge my used saline into the septic tank. If I can should I do smaller water changes daily rather than a ?/40/50% wc on a less frequent basis.

I'm not sure on the size of my ST but it's rated for a 6 bed house, local bye-laws mandate it to be emptied every 2 years.

When I kept fish before I just used to discharge inot the local sewage system and allow the dilution effect of being in a conurbation to alloy my conscience.
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
sgtmyers88
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
Location (country): USA

Re: Saline water and septic tanks

Post by sgtmyers88 »

I always dump my water outside. Im in a rural area with a septic tank and well water. Whether it would be a problem pouring water down the drain causes negative effects I am not certian but to me it seemed more logical to pour it out in the grass as it could benefit from the dissolved nutrients in the water.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: target puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers
Location (country): La Belle Province

Re: Saline water and septic tanks

Post by Master of Puffers »

we can get to -40 F/C in the winter..I really don't want or need large glassy areas outside my house for 3 or so months....IYKWIM..

eta..summer not as much as a problem I can use the water to keep my drives clear of weeds..
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.