Falco hawfish and hermit crab

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
alexk3303
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: 25g saltwater with 3 percula clownfish and a falco hawkfish. Currently has 1 large turbo snail with more invertabrates to come.
Location (country): Michigan, USA

Falco hawfish and hermit crab

Post by alexk3303 »

Does anyone think a falco hawk (about an inch or two long) would eat a hermit crab? He hasn't tried to eat a turbo snail but the turbo is probably bigger then him. What do you guys think? Also anyone know of a place to get cheap shrimp like feeders) to see if the falco would eat them?
Thanks!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Falco hawfish and hermit crab

Post by Pufferpunk »

Nope
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
firestorm52
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 1xGSP
Location (country): Oregon,USA

Re: Falco hawfish and hermit crab

Post by firestorm52 »

Hawkfish LOVE live food such as feeder shrimp and even adult brineshrimp. ( I have a Flame Hawkfish, and my brother has a diffrent kind of hawkfish dont rember its specific name, but both love live foods) Petsmart usally sells ghost shrimp for 30-50 cents each. but I don't liek that route much because of diease and such, so you gotta be careful. I'm working on a new project of breeding cherry shrimp for my hawk and puffer to eat, should look into it. it's very easy to do.

PS: never seen my hawk go for hermits but he loves to eat the snails antennas :lol: