Dry Rock, Eco-Freindly and Cheap!

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
Mek0ng
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): USA

Dry Rock, Eco-Freindly and Cheap!

Post by Mek0ng »

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/brs ... -rock.html

I know there has been a lot of talk here about live rock alternatives, I think that this is probably the best alternative:

"Our environmentally friendly Reef Saver Rock works great for aquascaping. This rock is 100% free of nuisance algae and pests which can cause complete tank shut downs and guaranteed to be free of apitasia, bubble algae, parasitic isopods, mantis shrimp, acro eating flat worms, little red bugs, fire worms, predatory nudibranchs, pyramidellid snails and other common pests.

BRS Reef Saver rock comes in unique shapes that fit well together to make interesting and unique structures. It is all natural calcium carbonate rock mined from domestic sources. BRS Reef Saver Rock arrives at our warehouse pre-soaked and rinsed. This is by far our cleanest rock."

It looks great and will actually buffer the system. I have never really liked the look of DIY concrete live rock, just looks so fake. Seed this with one good piece of live rock and you would never notice the difference.

$2.69-$2.43 a pound, great price too, and since its dry there is no need for rush shipping.

Jivenjune
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: (2) GSPs in a 60 gallon.
Location (country): California.

Re: Dry Rock, Eco-Freindly and Cheap!

Post by Jivenjune »

For base rock, it's pretty stuff. I'll give it that.