biocube

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
pufferfreak
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): U.S.A.

Re: biocube

Post by pufferfreak »

Anything that cand hold a tank of equal weight will hold your cube.
Mek0ng
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): USA

Post by Mek0ng »

herplover22 wrote: wants $18 a lb

i will try to find some ro/di water around some where can you buy it from any stores?
18$ a pound!?!?!? that better come covered in corals! Where are you from? In the san francisco bay area where I live its not uncommon to see sales like "Premium Fiji Fully Cured Live Rock $3.99/lb " pulled off of craigslist a few min ago, and thats newly shipped rock. I would NOT buy it for any more than maybe 8$ a pound and thats even steep. I got my mix of fiji and tampa bay salt water for 4-5.50$ a pound. It might be worth while to drive kinda far to find a better LFS or deal.

Your best bet for water is the water jug refill machines they have at supermarkets, the ones that you can bring a 5g jug to and put some quarters in to get water. If your only dealing with 10gallons of tank, get two jugs so you can have enough for top off and water change.
herplover22
Puffer Fry

Post by herplover22 »

ok thanks

so just get distilled water from those filler stations?

i might have heard him wrong and he may have said $8 a lb but i am sure he said 18

he can be a bit on the expensive side sometimes anyway i will also call another lps in my area to see what their prices are on live rock and i will call back the other guy too and see if i heard him correctly or not lol

i am from ohio by the way

thanks
Mek0ng
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Mek0ng »

its not distilled, should be drinking water, the ones around here are actually a automated reverse osmosis. Some machines are serviced more than others, so if you have an algae outbreak, make sure to test the water you are getting.
Jivenjune
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: (2) GSPs in a 60 gallon.
Location (country): California.

Post by Jivenjune »

herplover22 wrote:ok thanks

so just get distilled water from those filler stations?

i might have heard him wrong and he may have said $8 a lb but i am sure he said 18

he can be a bit on the expensive side sometimes anyway i will also call another lps in my area to see what their prices are on live rock and i will call back the other guy too and see if i heard him correctly or not lol

i am from ohio by the way

thanks
If he is selling it for 18 dollars a pound, and there is no one else within the area you can purchase live rock from, just buy a single piece of live rock encrusted nicely with some coralline algae. Then, just buy base rock; you can get this off of ebay. Place the piece of coralline covered live rock on top of your base rock, and the coralline will eventually spread to the base rock thereby turning it into live rock. Just make sure your water parameters are in check.
Mek0ng
Fahaka Puffer

Post by Mek0ng »

for 18$ a pound you might as well buy off the internet and sell the extra locally, or maybe set up a group buy.
pufferfreak
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): U.S.A.

Post by pufferfreak »

^^^. Buy off of liveaquaria. They have the best deals for a mainstream dealer.
LilGreenPuffer
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: Dwarf puffer - Thumbelina (only mine in my heart now; she lives in CT with my friend)

RIP Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, and Vizinni.
RIP James Bond.
Location (country): United States

Post by LilGreenPuffer »

Yeah! I did some comparison shopping, and if I don't find any locally (not much around here), that's where I'm getting mine.
"I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her. Will she gain anything by it? Will it restore her to a control over her own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to freedom for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away."

Found among the papers of Mohatma Gandhi

Come and visit http://www.thetriopsforum.com!

I AM A DUDETTE!

NEED NITRIFYING BACTERIA FOR YOUR NEW TANK? PM ME!