What Marine Fish Should Invest in Next?

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.

Which Fish?

Leopard Wrasse
13%
Ghost Eel
27%
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
60%

Total votes: 15

Mek0ng
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): USA

Re: What Marine Fish Should Invest in Next?

Post by Mek0ng »

Put mine in a QT and got some ghost shrimp, fattened it it with gut loaded gut shrimp, (gutloaded with forumla 2 flake) Once fat I cut a coat hanger and skewered krill on it, krill tails, long enough to look 'shrimpish' then I kinda danced the shrimp around on the skewer like a live shrimp. The fu-manchu eventually got it. It didnt take any longer than the fuzzy dwarf (who wouldnt eat dead food to begin with)

Before I put my fu in the display I had the fu eating out of my fingers, just think of the QT time more as training time, just make sure the fu never gets skinny. It is a really easy game of association, first the fu associates you with food (ghost shrimp), then the fu associates the krill with live food, and with in no time the fu is eating from your hand.

I am amazed I have no been stung, my fu is so friendly, it even has brushed my hand many times when I have been cleaning and maintaining the tank. I dont get what people say about them being shy, this one glass surfs and is constantly hanging out on corals, most of the time upside down (lol)

The key is #1 patience and #2 presistance.

What ever you do dont get a fu or a fuzzy, plop it in your tank and expect it to do well, these like puffers are rather intelligent, and unlike puffs, dwarf fuzzy/fu need a certain amount of training (IME)