pics of my marine fish

Beautiful, complex and discussed here. The marine fish and reef section.
sample789
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Puff daddy my GSP and my two SAPs named gibralter and fang, and now my two dwarf puffers named behemoth and goliath
Location (country): north america

pics of my marine fish

Post by sample789 »

here are my favorite marine fish
first up is liono my dwarf fuzzy lion if you look in the shell you can see my blennys eyes

next is my snowflake eel that i named noodle since he has noodles in his nose lol

and lastly my lawnmower blenny with cleaner shrimp...sadly the shrimp past away a month or so ago

also i was wondering if a valentini puffer would be ok with my dwarf lion fish and eel i would really like one
Solace
Figure 8 Puffer

Re: pics of my marine fish

Post by Solace »

Nice looking fish. How big does the dwarf lion fish get? I know someone who wanted a lionfish but could not support the huge tank necessary because of their huge fin spread.
3 Green Spotted Puffers 2"/2"/2.5"

1.014 and climbing for a smooth transition.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Looks just like my old tank! I had those 2 & a valentini together. How big is the tank?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
sample789
Dwarf Puffer
My Puffers: Puff daddy my GSP and my two SAPs named gibralter and fang, and now my two dwarf puffers named behemoth and goliath

Post by sample789 »

Solace wrote:Nice looking fish. How big does the dwarf lion fish get? I know someone who wanted a lionfish but could not support the huge tank necessary because of their huge fin spread.
ive read that the largest aquarium specimen ever scientifically measured is 6.5 inches and you can keep them in a thirty at a minimum tank size
Sentinel138
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Puffers:
I'm not caring for any puffers right now, but hopefully by X-Mas I plan to have one puffer. A Fangs Puffer -Monotrete Cochinchinensis or A Abe's Puffer-Monotrete Abei.

Other Fishes that are kool:
1 Tire Track Eel
Location (country): U.S.A.

Post by Sentinel138 »

Real nice fish. I got a Tire Track Eel and I'm planning on converting his old 20 Gallon tank to a puffer tank or brackish aquarium. My pet store is selling the lion fish you have... They have like 5 of them with a 2 regular lion fish. All like 1 in. Babies in a huge 90 Gallon tank.
If you have a puffer, and it's happy. Then you are a good person.

Some people say puffers are just a fish, they aren't just a fish, they're a living organism that actually has a mind! And we're killing them, just look at the video.

Stop it! Stop the pollution! Get a life and do something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCDe6vfsaU
sample789
Dwarf Puffer

Post by sample789 »

i think its funny when i got my eel the guy said he was gonna eat my two damsels within the day its been about a month now, same thin with the lion fish, the guy said it would just snap all my other fish in half and ive had him for about a week. the only problem is at feeding time the eel bites everything he senses moving so he bit the lion fish once but quickly learned that wasnt good and he has chased my blenny down and almost gotten him
pufferfreak
Mbu Puffer

Post by pufferfreak »

Do you like the lion? I think i might get one for my tank.
sample789
Dwarf Puffer

Post by sample789 »

yeah he is cool at first he was very shy and just hid amongst my live rock but now he is out looking around he has already come to recognize that i am his owner and i can almost hand feed him already. i was wondering do you guys no of any food for predators like these guys that has good nutrition right now i feed them jumbo frozen krill but its only like 4.5 percent protein
pufferfreak
Mbu Puffer

Post by pufferfreak »

How much did he cost? I would feed him a more varied diet. He might eat silversides?
sample789
Dwarf Puffer

Post by sample789 »

pufferfreak wrote:How much did he cost? I would feed him a more varied diet. He might eat silversides?
i got mine for 25 bucks so its really not to expensive but yeah i was thinking that but i was just wondering if there was something that is as nutritious as freeze dried food, im trying to wean him onto it but it floats and he doesnt like to go to the top
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Soak it 1st.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Sentinel138
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Puffers:
I'm not caring for any puffers right now, but hopefully by X-Mas I plan to have one puffer. A Fangs Puffer -Monotrete Cochinchinensis or A Abe's Puffer-Monotrete Abei.

Other Fishes that are kool:
1 Tire Track Eel

Post by Sentinel138 »

sample789 wrote:i think its funny when i got my eel the guy said he was gonna eat my two damsels within the day its been about a month now, same thin with the lion fish, the guy said it would just snap all my other fish in half and ive had him for about a week. the only problem is at feeding time the eel bites everything he senses moving so he bit the lion fish once but quickly learned that wasnt good and he has chased my blenny down and almost gotten him
Haha... I got the opposite thing.... My Eel is really nice and I hand feed and pet him. (He's a spiny so they're a lot less aggressive.) The funny thing is when I'm not feeding him sometimes my little tetras come too close, and I'm watching him. He looks at me saying "I'm gonna kill this dude." And then he try's to bite it because it swam too close. He doesn't terrorize my fish but he's just a little territorial to the tetras.

The funny thing is though. Is that I have a catfish named Larry and he swims like on top of my Eel. My Eel doesn't even care and actually welcomes him in to his little cave.... I've watched the catfish be bullied and the Eel swim out to protect him. They're the best of friends it's so cute.
If you have a puffer, and it's happy. Then you are a good person.

Some people say puffers are just a fish, they aren't just a fish, they're a living organism that actually has a mind! And we're killing them, just look at the video.

Stop it! Stop the pollution! Get a life and do something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCDe6vfsaU
pufferfreak
Mbu Puffer

Post by pufferfreak »

sample789
Dwarf Puffer

Post by sample789 »

pufferfreak wrote:Thats really cute honestly :).

Is the lionfish this one http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod ... pcatid=231 or this one http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod ... pcatid=227
its the second one the fu man chu lions are much more shy and alot less hardy so the fuzzy dwarf lion is a better fish anyway there also alot easier to get to eat when you first get them mine ate in the first day but fu man chus have been known to take up to a week
Last edited by sample789 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sample789
Dwarf Puffer

Post by sample789 »

Sentinel138 wrote:
sample789 wrote:i think its funny when i got my eel the guy said he was gonna eat my two damsels within the day its been about a month now, same thin with the lion fish, the guy said it would just snap all my other fish in half and ive had him for about a week. the only problem is at feeding time the eel bites everything he senses moving so he bit the lion fish once but quickly learned that wasnt good and he has chased my blenny down and almost gotten him
Haha... I got the opposite thing.... My Eel is really nice and I hand feed and pet him. (He's a spiny so they're a lot less aggressive.) The funny thing is when I'm not feeding him sometimes my little tetras come too close, and I'm watching him. He looks at me saying "I'm gonna kill this dude." And then he try's to bite it because it swam too close. He doesn't terrorize my fish but he's just a little territorial to the tetras.

The funny thing is though. Is that I have a catfish named Larry and he swims like on top of my Eel. My Eel doesn't even care and actually welcomes him in to his little cave.... I've watched the catfish be bullied and the Eel swim out to protect him. They're the best of friends it's so cute.
lol one of my damsels will swim up to the eel turn around and stick is tailfin right in the eels face and then shake it really fast and as soon as the eel goes to bite him he takes off, then he will come back and swim and sit underneath the eels mouth and just wait. he is a little daredevil lol