47 Gallon tank, f8 on his own??

Tain't fresh, and tain't marine! Talk about brackish setups.
JerseyMike
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Jersey, UK

Re: 47 Gallon tank, f8 on his own??

Post by JerseyMike »

I guess you don't really want any animal to be the underdog when you've put it in an artificial environment so that it can't get away i.e an aquarium.
Also, the more interactive with me the better! haha
JerseyMike
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Jersey, UK

Post by JerseyMike »

goldielocke76 wrote:Their personalities emerge and I think you will be fine with only one tank and one puff. In the future when it's feasible, and you want to add another tank with water transfers, do so, but don't stress out about it now. Just make sure your one puff is happy, healthy and entertained in his tank first. Getting the setup in the tank, then getting the tank cycled is probably the biggest "chore" to getting a puffer. (I used chore because I didn't know what else to use). But you want to have a complex environment, enough tank space, and a cycled tank before getting a puffer. One step at a time :wink:
Haha, thanks, maybe getting a little ahead of myself!
Basically I wanna get it right for the puffer.
No worries of him getting lost in that space if he's gonna be more interactive with me. With all that space, i'll give him loads of stuff to explore.
Cheers Guys!
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

No worries
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Location (country): California, USA

Post by goldielocke76 »

JerseyMike wrote:
goldielocke76 wrote:Their personalities emerge and I think you will be fine with only one tank and one puff. In the future when it's feasible, and you want to add another tank with water transfers, do so, but don't stress out about it now. Just make sure your one puff is happy, healthy and entertained in his tank first. Getting the setup in the tank, then getting the tank cycled is probably the biggest "chore" to getting a puffer. (I used chore because I didn't know what else to use). But you want to have a complex environment, enough tank space, and a cycled tank before getting a puffer. One step at a time :wink:
Haha, thanks, maybe getting a little ahead of myself!
Basically I wanna get it right for the puffer.
No worries of him getting lost in that space if he's gonna be more interactive with me. With all that space, i'll give him loads of stuff to explore.
Cheers Guys!
Hehe np. Sorry, I should have checked the formatting on that one post before submitting it. It came out kinda funny and was hard to understand (to me at least, and I wrote the darn thing LoL).

But anyways, like bertie said, no worries :) It's really exciting to get your first puff, especially when you haven't had one before. I totally understand :wink: But, they are more personable with us when they are by themselves. Make sure to post up pics!!! :D
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

+ 1 . But lots of pics are needed
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Not all puffers are active. The lurker predators do just that, they lurk. They are ambush predators.

The hunter predator puffers tend to be solitary in the wild and are likely to defend territories against other puffers. As with some Cichlids, breeding is seasonal and pairings are not in the wild long-term. Aggregations of puffers in the wild tend to be of young fish or to involve seasonal migrations.

What is best for the fish? You must define "best" for yourself. To me it is the longest and healthiest life along with reaching sizes equal to exceeding that seen in the wild.
Where's the fish? - Neptune