Post your Mudskipper pics

Tain't fresh, and tain't marine! Talk about brackish setups.
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry
Location (country): PHILLY

Post your Mudskipper pics

Post by Phillyfig8 »

I have loved mudskippers ever since i first saw them in a book when i was about 8 years old. Over a year ago i bought 2(one committed suicide). I have researched probably everything there is to know about these guys and i have tried a few different combinations of fish with them. I would love to answer any questions anyone has about them. I wish i could Post pics but my computer isnt working and i cant do it from my iphone. I wish you guys had an iphone app.

Just need to get this out there.
About 4 months ago i bought a fig 8 from one of the members here and i love him. I havent posted here much because i belonged to aquariumadvice.com. I liked that website but they were too strict and ive been banned for life. When it comes to brackish or puffers i like this site better because people here are more knowledgeable. I just havent used this site that much just because of the convenience of the iphone app. Sorry just venting. I would like to belong to both sites but that can no longer happen.
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Re: Post your Mudskipper pics

Post by Iliveinazoo »

When I first started out I kept my mudskippers with other fish but then I recognised that they have completely different requirements and set up a dedicated species tank. In my opinion the correct tank set-up doesn't lend itself to accommodating others.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I love them too! I still have a 55g river tank set up I'd love to put a few of them in but no room for the tank. :(
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
RVS
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Currently:
2 T. Nigroviridis
20 C. Travancoricus.
Also Kept:
M. Abei
Other BF:
A hundred of Brackish P. Velifera & P. sphenops.
Pure Parambassis Ranga.
Location (country): Mexico lindo y querido!

Post by RVS »

Love mudskipers? then you´ll love this site: http://www.mudskipper.it/SpeciesList.html
They are beautiful fish! but all i know is that they need a specific 1.015 half sand, half water tank.
More like a paludarium or terrarium than an aquarium.
Let there be light, and lit up the days... Let there be puffers, and they swam around the world...
PuffGenesis, 1, 1.
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry

Post by Phillyfig8 »

I have been on that website and my species is p. variabilis. The way i have my tank setup is so the mudskipper has plenty of land and is separated from the rest of the tank. The SG is kept around 1.006 which is perfect for the other fish in the tank. I have posted my tank on here before, ill see if i can find the post.
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry

Post by Phillyfig8 »

Last edited by Phillyfig8 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Colomesus asellus
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos
Red eye red tailed puffer
Location (country): Bristol , UK

Post by Puffer King »

i;ll post a pic of mine in a bit .........totally awesome fish !
'Rare do Tom agree in the rated room with the retard moo ! '
Free Elf Girl Pun 2012
jus85411
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: none currently :(
Location (country): USA

Post by jus85411 »

Phillyfig8 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28151

I had a different user name on here and i forgot it so my gf made this one and i took it from her.
i dont have any mudskippers, something i have always wanted to try out. they are really cool. unrelated, but are you familiar with the roxborough/manayunk area? i grew up in roxborough 8)
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry

Post by Phillyfig8 »

jus85411 wrote:

I had a different user name on here and i forgot it so my gf made this one and i took it from her.
i dont have any mudskippers, something i have always wanted to try out. they are really cool. unrelated, but are you familiar with the roxborough/manayunk area? i grew up in roxborough 8)
Yea im from right outside northeast philly near willow grove. My tank is currently up at school but by next december it will be back home.
jus85411
Mbu Puffer

Post by jus85411 »

Phillyfig8 wrote:
jus85411 wrote:

Yea im from right outside northeast philly near willow grove. My tank is currently up at school but by next december it will be back home.
nice! i actually live out in gilbertsville now, right next to pottstown. i have an empty 75 that i wanted to set up a partial land and water tank. was looking for more towards a tropical setup with some tree frogs or small lizard, and have the water area as a "pond" in there, plumbed underneath the setup to a 10-20 gallon guppy breeding tank to stock the "pond" with.
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry

Post by Phillyfig8 »

I go to gilbertsville for the toy train show with my dad.
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry

Post by Phillyfig8 »

These are the inhabitants of my tank. I have a freshwater flounder, bumblebee goby, a few ghostshrimp(they are bother food and they are fun to look at. Its rare that the puffer gets to one), figure 8, mudskipper and nerite snail. They all get along well the puffer doesnt even notice the flounder is in there and is a little afraid of the BBG. I think the puffer attacked the nerite he looks like there are a few pieces of its foot missing. The mudskipper doesnt really go in the water. Part of the land part covers him up to his eyeballs in water and he spends sometimes in there but most of the time in his little cave

jus85411
Mbu Puffer

Post by jus85411 »

very nice pictures! is that top a floating piece or did you silicone it?
Phillyfig8
Puffer Fry

Post by Phillyfig8 »

jus85411 wrote:very nice pictures! is that top a floating piece or did you silicone it?
Its amazing the quality of the iphone 4s camera. The top part is plexiglass held up by 4 pvc pipes that i painted black. I found a plastic edge at work that i used to keep the sand from falling off. The skipper hits some off anyway but when i do my water changes i scoop it back up.
Puffer King
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Colomesus asellus
Lilly the Fahaka
Dwarf Puffers
Figure 8
Have kept in past,
Spotted congos
Red eye red tailed puffer
Location (country): Bristol , UK

Post by Puffer King »

heresss....SKIPPY !!!!!!!!! haha.......very tame , just loves the camera !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Rare do Tom agree in the rated room with the retard moo ! '
Free Elf Girl Pun 2012