New 20g spotted puffer and fig 8 tank

Tain't fresh, and tain't marine! Talk about brackish setups.
eng55
Puffer Fry

New 20g spotted puffer and fig 8 tank

Post by eng55 »

I got this 20g from a friend a couple of weeks ago and I put it in my bedroom. I saw some spotted puffers and fig 8's in the lfs in town and decided to dedicate to them. I have personally never had puffers before so I have spending some time reading up on these forums. All I have done so far is put some coral substrate in there and I have a few shells and one plastic plant in there. I just put two spotted puffs, a fig 8, and a bumble bee gobbee in there today. They seem to be doing fine together and are adapting to the tank very well. Haven't started to switch it over to brackish yet because I want them to get used to the tank first. I was just wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to decorate it. Any tanks maybe they have seen that looked cool and are good for puffers to live in. I thought about trying to find some fake coral stuff to put in there but havent found any yet. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jayhawk
Green Spotted Puffer

Post by Jayhawk »

I really hate to say this, but take back the GSPs. They need 30 gallons each. The figure 8 and the BB goby will go great in there - you may be able to add a couple more BB gobies, but that would be a full tank for BW fish.

Eric
eng55
Puffer Fry

Post by eng55 »

I am going to move the gsbs to another tank eventually when they get bigger. They are tiny right now. I have a 55g that I am going to move them into eventually. So I think that I should be alright for the time being. Thanks for the info though.
E
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Puffers are among the more easily stunted fish, make the move sooner rather than later if you can.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Joshcwj
Puffer Fry

Post by Joshcwj »

GSPs like to have some hiding place. My tank has some artificial rocks and fake plants. The little fellas like to hide around the rocks and when you come near, they'll rush out to you begging for food. Don't be deceived. They won't stop eating. I feed them not more than once a day.
Joshcwj