Stocking Suggestions for 6gal

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Canada

Stocking Suggestions for 6gal

Post by Flutter »

I've got a divided 20gal long that has an empty section. My immediate thought was to find a decent quality betta from a reputable source (something like a mustard gas, one I've always wanted but without having to ship in which appears near impossible). I've got a BN pleco in one section, a female DP in another section. As much as I'd love to put another DP in something a little more flashy might be nice too. The pleco sits in one of his caves and the DP will sneekily hang out with my but she's afraid of my partner. It might be nice to have one more visible fish in there.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Re: Stocking Suggestions for 6gal

Post by Arny »

Yeah I'd say betta to. Or maybe cherry shrimp, although they're small to
Flutter
Former Staff Member

Post by Flutter »

Already have cherry shrimp in there :)
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

Ram cichlid if the section is big enough, great personality and beautiful colours
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Flutter
Former Staff Member

Post by Flutter »

I've had a breeding pair of rams before, they are beautiful characters! While the area is quite heavily planted I worry that it might not be enough swimming area. My pair was in a 65gal and they made use of the whole tank for sure.
Charles Darwin
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

LOL @ Flutter! I think that you may be worse than I am, and that is not easy to do!

Rams in a 65! That is wonderful! I got teased for putting pairs in 33XL or 40-longs many years ago, and I would not consider anything smaller for a pair. If you can set two tanks end-to-end, they are good with fry and make better parents as well. I could watch them for hours.

You have made my day! Thanks!!!
Where's the fish? - Neptune