GUPPY WHAT

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
dp09
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

GUPPY WHAT

Post by dp09 »

okay so a while back i purchased a female guppy and my dad had two males already and i wanted to breed them because who doesn't love baby fish and stuff. so i put a male in the females tank for 2 days and put him back then because i was going on vacation. she wasn't pregnant. then i try the other male and put him in for a week. still nothing. why didnt something so simple work? and yes im posotive about the genders. i also saw the male chasing the female a bit and stuff. could you please help me figure this out? also my female did pass away but i would still like to know what i did wrong?
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: GUPPY WHAT

Post by bertie 83 »

You seem to be trying to breed fish how dogs breed, you cannot just show a male to a female and boom. They need to share the tank for a while, you need to research what can help trigger breeding of the particular fish etc to stand a chance of successful breeding
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Re: GUPPY WHAT

Post by Arny »

Hey if you want babies quicker just buy a few more males and females. Also its really easy to just buy a fat heavily pregnant female from you lfs.