Ground water remediation system?

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Ground water remediation system?

Post by purplecandle »

Ok, about half a mile from my house is a gas station. Beside the gas station is a building the size of a large shed. The building had been there since before I was here. I just never noticed it.

The other day, I noticed there was a sign on the door that said, "Ground Water Remediation System".

I of course have well water.

I'm am wondering if this is something I need to be worried about. I know that the shed is making water safe for human consumption. Would they be adding something or just filtering something out.
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: Ground water remediation system?

Post by RTR »

Contact your county officials for the current or former use of that building. It nay be currently functional, or may be inactive. If there is or were at any time water restrictions or hazards, they will know and must so inform you. If they claim ignorance, check with your local library. Microfilm newspaper records are searchable. If still no result, write to the EPA.

HTH
Where's the fish? - Neptune
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

Thanks, I'll do that :)
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Post by RTR »

Good - knowledge is key. Our community water system was not up to standards and some number of folks here became ill from it. It was quite a mess and very $$$. The fish were fine, the people got gut issues. We did not know that we were effectively living in the third world. Once tests were done by the state, it was easy to see the issues. Many folks here travel a lot, so all were blaming it on foreign travel. I hate to travel and rarely go outside the US, so it was highly unlikely that my issues were from anywhere but home. Ditto for the wife of the community association president, and we both were positive for different gut parasites, but not the same ones. It was a huge scandal and we had to replace the entire system, as most properties are not large enough to support individual water systems.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: target puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers
Location (country): La Belle Province

Post by Master of Puffers »

It's probably just adding chlorine to sterilse the water..but there's no harm in asking for verification in writing..

Casa Puffer is yards away from the local aquifer water treatment works which serves over half of the town..and we have very high chlorine levels iin tap water.Which means pre-treatment is a necesssity for us to keep our little puffers happy.
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
Master of Puffers
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: target puffer

fahaka

6 dwarf puffers
Location (country): La Belle Province

Post by Master of Puffers »

RTR wrote:Good - knowledge is key. Our community water system was not up to standards and some number of folks here became ill from it. It was quite a mess and very $$$. The fish were fine, the people got gut issues. We did not know that we were effectively living in the third world. Once tests were done by the state, it was easy to see the issues. Many folks here travel a lot, so all were blaming it on foreign travel. I hate to travel and rarely go outside the US, so it was highly unlikely that my issues were from anywhere but home. Ditto for the wife of the community association president, and we both were positive for different gut parasites, but not the same ones. It was a huge scandal and we had to replace the entire system, as most properties are not large enough to support individual water systems.

One of the advantages(???) of working with sewage water is a high tolerance to water bourne diseases..when pufferghoti and I travelled on vacation to various African countries as young adults, most of our travel companions got sick..sometimes pg got sick..I never did..
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.