Stocking up for my tank

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
Arianatheodd
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Stocking up for my tank

Post by Arianatheodd »

I was supposed to be at a dog show this weekend but my friend canceled at the last minute so I took advantage of being in an area where I know my pet stores. I spent the day searching for things to decorate the tank with that are oriental/Asian themed and I really lucked out! When I went to the store that currently has an Mbu on display (not sale) they had these really neat resin bamboo fences and when I took a closer look there was 1 bubbling fence left. Then we stopped at one of the chains and they had their tank thermometers on a Christmas special, so now I have a nice outside tank thermometer. But my big find was at the little LFS that has been remodeling and focusing more and more on aquariums only. They have a wall of shrimp and dwarf fish species so since my mothers tank needed some help with her algae issue I got 2 Amanos, 1 Green Algae Eater, 2 Assorted Color, and then 8 (supposed to be 6) Ghost Shrimp. I'm going to see how they fair in my moms tank and if I really like having them about I'll put them in the Puffer tank until I get the Puffer. I also scavenged aquarium stuff my mom bought and has never used or that she has replaced. I would post photos but my laptop doesn't have a resize option on preview.
I found that Petco sells the "Lucky Bamboo" for a really low price I plan on buying them there when they get shipments in so they aren't underwater for long.