red worms?

Non puffer freshwater discussion. Don't tell your puffers, they'll be jealous!
lil fish
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Lil Fish- SAP- LOVE of MY LIFE and now always in my heart
Hector-GSP
Sheep Jr. GSP
Christopher Robin- Burrfish 55g which will become something larger when he gets older. I caught him as a baby
Location (country): SC, USA

red worms?

Post by lil fish »

Anyone know what kind of worms these are? I was finishing a water change and noticed them... There are thousands that are making up the blobs on the side of the bucket. I originally thought they were planeria, but re-thinking that. I keep good care of my tank, doing water changes regularly--my SAP was messy and loved to eat, but he recently passed away :cry: :cry: :cry: . Now that he is gone the is only one other fish who doesn't get but 3 flakes every few days. I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i <3 Lil' Fish
scpion
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 23in Mbu, donated to SEA Aquarium
4in Fahaka 150g
Location (country): singapore

Re: red worms?

Post by scpion »

Tubifex? I had a snail tank that had horrible horrible upkeeping. If I look closely at the substrate, I can see literally thousands of them wriggling. Not a really good sign..
I am not a Troll, I am just pissed..!
lil fish
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Lil Fish- SAP- LOVE of MY LIFE and now always in my heart
Hector-GSP
Sheep Jr. GSP
Christopher Robin- Burrfish 55g which will become something larger when he gets older. I caught him as a baby
Location (country): SC, USA

Post by lil fish »

How do you get them/where would they have come from? I read that you can get them if you are using them as food, but I haven't. And then, how do I get rid of them?
i <3 Lil' Fish
scpion
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 23in Mbu, donated to SEA Aquarium
4in Fahaka 150g
Location (country): singapore

Post by scpion »

Thats just my guess...

Btw, after I changed that to a ghost shrimp tank, all of them disappeared. Eaten up probably. Maybe u need some critters as cleanup crew. Next time cut back on the feeding and vacuum more?
I am not a Troll, I am just pissed..!