Mappa and more

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
Mappa383
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Mappa and more

Post by Mappa383 »

Hello all!
I have a 150gallon Fowlr and “P Diddy” my Mappa puffer was the first fish. I have been to many LFS and know the drill with most of them. My LFS actually help me set my tank up and has taught me a lot about things that other LFS We’re just going to sell me. So what I’m trying to do is find out if my tank is going to be over stocked. I have a 3-4 Mappa, 5” sailfin tang, 4” harlequin tusk, 3” humu trigger and was planning on 4” queen angel. The tank has been up and running for about a year and I have had no issues with water quality or anything of that nature. I have all of the fish on the list except for the queen. My LFS helped me come up with this list and said it was completely OK and actuall The tank has been up and running for about a year and I have had no issues with water quality or anything of that nature. I have all the fish on the list except for the queen. My LFS helped me come up with this list and said it was completely OK and actuall under stocked. I really trust this LFS As they have helped me many times and never steered me wrong. My concern is that I have seen quite a few people on here saying that a puffer by itself needs at least 150 gallon tank. What do you guys see has any potential problems and things that I might need to do? Thank you so much for your quest as they have helped me many times and never steered me wrong. My concern is that I have seen quite a few people on here saying that a puffer by itself needs at least 150 gallon tank. What do you guys see is any potential problems and things that I might need to do? Thank you so much for your comments! -Steve and his puffer family
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Mappa and more

Post by Pufferpunk »

Have you ever seen an adult Mappa? They are MASSIVE! 150 isn't nearly enough for a single one, never mind the other fish you have which will all grow quite large themselves. Adult angels are the size of a diner plate! LFS\s job is to sell you fish. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28775
library/puffers-in-focus/big-marine-pufferfish-care/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"