impromptu GSP rescue

The forum for those beautiful marine puffers!
PYRU
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

impromptu GSP rescue

Post by PYRU »

What's a cheap down and dirty way to get a fowlr setup going pretty quick? I have bio spira but is this enough with the appropriate amount of lr with hob skimmer?

I went to order my f8's and the store had 3 gsp's that are in fw with tankmates that out compete them for food. Very healthy otherwise. I have a brackish setup with sg of .005 but my sw sump/LR are not even remotely ready. I don't have anymore smaller tanks that I could do a temp setup without much trouble.

Someone ordered them and didn't pick them up. Way too cool a fish to let waste away waiting on someone to give them a short miserable life.
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Re: impromptu GSP rescue

Post by hadla »

Just fill up a tank with saltwater and about an inch of sand a few pounds of live rock... but if the puffs are in fresh, you have to slowly transition them to salt. I'm currently doing this for my Ceylon.
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
PYRU
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

Post by PYRU »

hadla wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:49 am Just fill up a tank with saltwater and about an inch of sand a few pounds of live rock... but if the puffs are in fresh, you have to slowly transition them to salt. I'm currently doing this for my Ceylon.
I ended up grabbing a tank off Craigslist. I thought I've seen threads on here about slowly drip acclimating in a day, but is it better to bring it up .002 weekly until you reach pure sw?

I'm going to keep them in bw until I get my rock cured properly.
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Post by hadla »

I'm not sure, hopefully someone else can answer that
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR