Hello to ThePufferForum & MBU Puffer plans

Discuss & learn about Mbu, Fahaka, Mappa & other giant puffers.
TFishG
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Hello to ThePufferForum & MBU Puffer plans

Post by TFishG »

Hello all. I am new to the forum but have been a member of another forum , "Monster Fish Keepers" for several years. I have been very interested in puffers however I never really got into them due to space constraints and or I already had another wet pet at the time. However due to the recent passing of my MAIN wet pet who was a flowerhorn I think its time to dabble into puffers due to the size/personality.At first I contemplated on getting a fahaka but decided against it as I like the size and looks of the MBU more and the slightly less aggressive temperament. I rarely keep small fish. I am into Arowana Red tail Catfish and other GIANT growing fish such as Red Tail Giant Gourami. So a smaller species of puffer wouldn't appease me. So I have decided on ordering a MBU straight from a reputable importer. I plan to grow it out first in a 240 then he will be moved into my 340 until I get a larger tank for it in the future. The 340 is 6 feet long 30 inches wide and 3 feet tall Acrylic. the 240 is a standard 8x2x2 glass. I plan to feed it bloodworms and shrimp and snails while young and Muscles scallops clams crab and much more when its larger. I plan to have the substrate pool filter sand. I am very knowledgeable about most fish considered to be Monster sized and have had first hand experience with many types of fish however this will be my first time having a puffer. so anyways hello to you all I hope to learn alot on here and make some new friends and post updates of my soon to be MBU puffer.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Hello to ThePufferForum & MBU Puffer plans

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
TFishG
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by TFishG »

I have read that twice prior to signing up to the forum....I have been able to find MBU from Jeff Rapps...HOWEVER I have decided on a fahaka not because I don't think I would he able to house it properly or afford it but because I can find them easier and cheaper and I don't want to risk a $300 investment on a fish type meaning puffers due to the fact I have never dealt with them before....so I will take it slower a bit with a fahaka and after that one has lived out his life or I have an additional tank and I decide that a MBU is the true direction I want to go. Thanks so much for your response. I will be posting a grow out thread of my fahaka as soon as I get him :D
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Great decision! Most of us here feel the same way. :)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"