Resuced - Need some advice

Discuss & learn about Mbu, Fahaka, Mappa & other giant puffers.
RTR
Mentor
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: Resuced - Need some advice

Post by RTR »

Garlic is a super flavor-enhancement for many fish, We would have a hard time getting meds into many FW fish without it.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
Tripp
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): USA

Post by Tripp »

Updated pictures!!
He is getting bigger and belly getting fatter!
This is the one I have questions about... He is still very dark compared to my other puffer.. Any thoughts?
Take a look at the black spot on his stomach... Parasite? Or just he has odd coloring?
PufferGhoti
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Canada

Post by PufferGhoti »

I would not worry about the dark shading on the stomach (seen it before), don't think its anything. concentrate on getting the food diversity up to give strength and add some flow to exercise (S)he.. the dark coloration may be lots of yellow in your white bulb.. we have a temporary lighting arrangement, cheap standard fluorescents which gives dark coloration on one our fahaka's which I will convert to leds when the ebay order arrives..
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

Oh my...he is still tiny! I know how big that purple coral decoration is...and he just a wee fella...

He will brighten up eventually...

The black on the tummy just looks like color variation, if it changes then repost.

This is my puffer bellow. See the uneveness of his "dark" color....looks like a triangle of dark is missing missing on the right? Looks like a zig zag. When he turns dark he is always missing that spot (triangle).