Mbu Puffer not eating

Discuss & learn about Mbu, Fahaka, Mappa & other giant puffers.
VMike
Puffer Fry

Re: Mbu Puffer not eating

Post by VMike »

That is great news! :D Mbu are amazing fish to keep! Mike
manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Post by manutius »

glad to hear that Brian is looking better. He's a lovely looking fish for sure, all I can say is restrict the feeding to help reduce the nitrate levels production. These pimples are fairly common and a reflection of water qulaity IMO. I found Clooney had these when water changes had lapsed. I loved Clooney so much so know your panic, Good luck with brian he's great 8)
flash.dan
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: 8 years of FW puffer care!
currently have 1x mbu
Bubba 17" gentle giant... loves a belly tickle.
2x Suvatti Pair
1x Carinotetraodon borneensis

Post by flash.dan »

beautiful markings. 3 days is nothing to worry about the white lumps are common on older mbus and as long as there are not many its not really a big issue some people get them confused with white spot.

My mbu goes through phases of not eating for 3 days best thing is to treat them buba loves apple snails so il lthrow about 20 in and let him go nuts. or try soaking the prawns in crushed garlic for a few hours its a old trick. Really nothing to worry about i would imagine just keep a good eye on him and hopefully he will perk up

beautiful fish again let me know how he goes
SMcCreath
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 1 Tetrodon Mbu a.k.a Brian.

Post by SMcCreath »

Hi!

Thanks flash.dan, thats good to hear.

I thought I'd give you an update on Brian. He has been a lot better, the skin had virtually cleared with the skin grown back over although he did go through a few more 'non-eating' periods, one that lasted up to 5 days. He was still swimming about, but was not interested in any food that is give to him.

I was away for a week and my Mum came to look after him, however over the time I was away the white lump returned to a degree and he is off his food again and is not very active.

I've treating him successfully with Myxazin which has helped greatly previously, so I will start another dose of that tonight and let you know. Its just a shame as I thought we were virtually there with it - poor mite :( . I have no reason to doubt that it wont clear up again this time, it was my fault for going away and not being there to spot any slight changes in him.
manutius
Former Staff Member
My Puffers: RIP Clooney the Mbu :(

Post by manutius »

thanks for the update, glad to hear that brian is doing ok. Good luck with the treatment ;)