I found some too! Must be the season for little F8's.

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Venom
Puffer Fry

I found some too! Must be the season for little F8's.

Post by Venom »

I located a tank with at least 50 little F8's at my favorite LFS. Most looked to be in great shape when I first scanned the tank. As I looked over the rest of the place, they were fed brine shrimp. When I decided on my purchase, 90% looked to be STUFFED. I grabbed 3 when the fish dude told me the price would be $15 for three. He then confirmed the price with his "supervisor", who said "no, they're $2/each". I told him to net me three more. I may go back and scoop up on a few more - they're the size of little dwarf puff's. How can you resist?
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

They don't stay the size of DPs, they need larger tanks. For six, you need at least a 75g IMO.
Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
Venom
Puffer Fry

Post by Venom »

So, a 125 gallon tank isn't large enough?
Boxermom
Former Staff Member

Post by Boxermom »

No need to get snippy, you never said what size you were putting them in. I was just providing information.
Tina

Puffers: Auriglobus silus x1, Tetraodon travancoricus x1, Tetraodon turgidus x1, Tetraodon miurus x1, Tetraodon nigroviridis x2, Tetraodon baileyi x2, Tetraodon lineatus x1, Tetraodon palembangensis x1
strike2
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by strike2 »

I also saw very tiny ones (smaller than a full grown DP) about 80 in the tank...3 bucks a piece.
crazy loaches
Dwarf Puffer

Post by crazy loaches »

I got mine I think from petco, was the only time I had been in there and I saw fig8's for the first time cheap. They are sort of rare it seems in most lfs. They were 3-something each. Conditions were bad, sunken bellies, there were feeder guppies in with them that were bigger then they were. And some of the tankmates had ick. But it was the only place I had seen fig8's at the time (except a full grown one I saw for over $25) and I really wanted and felt bad for them. Thankfully they made a full recovery, though I'd never buy fish like that again.
http://tristan.homelinux.net/fish/
* 150G Setting up
* 75G Freshwater Planted
* 45G Bowfront Brackish
* 40G Brackish
* 20G Plants, Guppies, Snails, low/no maintenence tank