Lost one of my F8's heartbroken

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Sharky7337
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Lost one of my F8's heartbroken

Post by Sharky7337 »

I have had the two F8's together in a 25 gallon tank for like 2 years now.

Slowly over time one of them started to look skinny and more sunken. I always treat for parasites and such as soon as i get a fish. And I was feeding them sporadically to try and keep tank parameters good so i thought that may have been why.

It finally got to a point that this last month I was concerned that maybe there was more to it and trimmed his beak, as he would try and eat but spit it out. I thought well its probably he is having trouble eating because of beak length.

Ironically his beak was not even long. I finally found him laying on the bottom this morning, and i had went into emergency mode and threw in some general cure, and erythrmyacin, 75 perc water change but then he passed. I made an effort to try and fatten him up but it never really worked.

So sad. The other F8 didn't even really like me, he was my boy, I feel so sad I didn't try and treat him for parasites / TB again sooner (prob was parasites or bacterial I'm thinking now). He didn't have any lesions or growths but I dismissed it as the fatty other puffer getting more food.

He always swam up to greet me and always watched me wherever I was.

I have tanks of cichlids and stuff, and when they pass, its kinda no big deal really.

But I just feel so bad I let him down.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Lost one of my F8's heartbroken

Post by Pufferpunk »

I'm so sorry for your broken heart. Maybe the single puff will take a liking to you now.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"