How to keep a bored Ceylon puffer entertained

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Ericafumiko
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

How to keep a bored Ceylon puffer entertained

Post by Ericafumiko »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any success in keeping a bored puffer entertained. I just got a Ceylon puffer last week and he is glass surfing like a crazy guy! I also have a Fahaka and never had this issue with him. My Ceylon is in a very large tank ( I would have to ask my husband on the exact size lol) he is eating normal , and he stops glass surfing as soon as he sees me. As much as I would love to sit with my handsome guy all day I unfortunately cannot lol Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by Rupert and I.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: How to keep a bored Ceylon puffer entertained

Post by Pufferpunk »

Heavy decor is the best way to stop glass-surfing.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Ericafumiko
Puffer Fry

Post by Ericafumiko »

Thank you , I just added more plants and my husband put a PVC pipe in there a little bit ago. Tomorrow I'm going to get him some ghost shrimp to keep him busy (Frank Fahaka like to chase them too) He has still been glass surfing literally all day , I'm actually wondering if he will just tire himself lol But if he sees me and I stop he stops being a neurotic bored weirdo. He obviously doesn't care that I have to finish cleaning 🙄 🤣
Ericafumiko
Puffer Fry

Post by Ericafumiko »

Also this is the most wonderful group ever ! I've learned so much today about Puffers that I didn't know. and my husband is the fish guy he worked in a fish store for years when he was younger so I'm fairly educated on them, we also had a Flowerhorn who sadly passed away recently. But I've enjoyed reading about everyone's Puffers today 🙂 All you guys rock !
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

I always wanted a flowerhorn! Are you keeping your Ceylon in a BW tank?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"