Gsp stationary at top corner tank for hours!!

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Ninja_Haze
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Gsp stationary at top corner tank for hours!!

Post by Ninja_Haze »

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 5 to 10ppm
Nitrates 5ppm
Salinity 1.008 (about)

So I have a 40 gallon breeder with two green spotted puffers inside. One of the puffers is sitting at the top of the tank in the corner for hours at the surface and I don't know why. The other seems to be swimming around just about normal and is interested in some of the live food that is in there and trying to actively hunt it but eating very little not enough to be considered healthy. The one hovering at the top corner tank has not been eating at all. The one hovering at the top of the tank is quite smaller than the one swimming around. The one swimming around is much bigger and fatter. Both the fish bellies turn black at times but not all the time sometimes they're black sometimes it's all white like it should be. I did notice in the largest puffer fish the first day that I bought it I noticed white stringy poop coming from out of him. But the smaller puffer I've been having issues with now was pooping normal with no issues and was eating in the beginning. So today after about a week of having them in the 40 gallon, I decided to do a 50% water change. I added some prazi pro and after the water changed they seem to be swimming very lively for about the first five to seven hours or so.. I was relieved.. but then I was back to worry again.. the small one swam too the top corner and hasn't left that spot for over 9hours and counting. Sides of his belly is black. But they both have stopped hiding sense I've done the water change. Idk what else to do. I did see both scratching them selves before I performed the water change. After the change, the scratching slowed down but didn't stop.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Gsp stationary at top corner tank for hours!!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Nitrite 5-10???
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"