6 DPs or 1 R8 (and maybe some BBGs)?

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
jetterman
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

6 DPs or 1 R8 (and maybe some BBGs)?

Post by jetterman »

Hello,

I originally got an angelfish and 5 scissortails this weekend with my new tank. A 20G Tall hex tank. I originally saw the puffer at the LFS and wanted them but got talked into getting the angel and others by a friend lol. But after really looking into puffers and the angel being kinda boring I decided I want to get rid of the current fish and get a puffer(s). I have arrangements for people/shops to take the current fish. I want a single puffer like a Congo puffer but they just seem to hard to find and are kinda expensive. I know R8s are meant for 3 or more but with the 20G I really only have room for 1 comfortably. I would prefer to have an R8 over 6 or so DPs because of the size. So my main question here is which would be better for my tank and situation? I know i would have to go brackish for the R8 but i will do that. Would an R8 be okay by himself without 2 others?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: 6 DPs or 1 R8 (and maybe some BBGs)?

Post by Pufferpunk »

Do you mean F8 (Figure 8 )?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
jetterman
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Post by jetterman »

Yes, my bad LOL. I have since transitioned my tank to be set for brackish set up. I will probably get my F8 tomorrow if the water stats are all good. They are fine now. Will start transitioning to brackish over time.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

A single F8 is good.
library/puffers-in-focus/fig8/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"