Fungal infection???

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Ajpuffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Fungal infection???

Post by Ajpuffer »

Hi everyone, I have a you g green spotted puffer I had bought from an aquarium store and they said he was kept in 7.8-8.0 ph fresh water so I had his tank cycled and prepped to match and I’ve had him for almost 6 days now in a 13 gallon while I prep a 55 gallon for him but my issue is that he has a white spot on his tail fin and his lips were swollen white when I got home from work today so I went ahead and got a bacterial and fungal cure powder and was hoping you all could give some good suggestions!
This is my first puffer and the fish is second to a child of mine and I would really like to keep him alive healthy and happy!

His diet consists of mostly pests snails from petsmart, I give him snails once a night till he is plump, as in no longer thin and not freakishly large, occasionally I give him a freeze dried krill as a treat cause he likes to play with them in his filter overflow

Tank has 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, nitrate .5ppm, Ph is 7.8-8.0
Ajpuffer
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Re: Fungal infection???

Post by Ajpuffer »

Update: he’s currently been sitting in the bottom back left corner of his tank just staring at the wall, please help!!!
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Fungal infection???

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"