Brackish water decor

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
The 1 and only cips
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Brackish water decor

Post by The 1 and only cips »

Hello all,
I have a ceylon puffer in a 55 gal freshwater community tank and he is doing well and I know he is suppose to be in brackish water so I bought a 46 gal bow front tank just for him. It is cycling so I got awhile to go before I transfer him to his new home. The whole reason for this post is to see what kind of decor everyone uses for their brackish water setup. I really have a think for rocks and would like to rock scape but was wondering if there is any type of certain rocks i should use? I did buy some dragon scale rocks but have not put them in my tank because I cant find anywhere if that is going to work or if I should get another type of rock. I would like to hear what everybody else has for decor
farcryjj
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Canada

Re: Brackish water decor

Post by farcryjj »

I have the same question. :) I'm also thinking of a rock and coral skeleton tank. I saw a picture someone posted on Pinterest with a mix of black lava rocks and white coral skeleton in one central pile, and it looks beautiful. Relatively minimalist look.
Spotfin
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Re: Brackish water decor

Post by Spotfin »

I have "base rock" in my brackish tank. It is sold for use in marine tanks.