Is this normal?

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Dragongoby_scrubs
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Is this normal?

Post by Dragongoby_scrubs »

It's tail is curled up, the colors fade away. But later it comes back and swimming again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Is this normal?

Post by Pufferpunk »

Sleeping
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
thatmarinescienceguy
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Puff Puff McGuff... an F8 who lived in 15-18 ppt, 75g, solo, I had for 6 years who left me with the sweetest memories.. who was apparently a boy with, according to the Vet a big set of gonads.
Location (country): Florida, USA

Re: Is this normal?

Post by thatmarinescienceguy »

OMG My Puff used to do this, too! Tail curled up. Mine though, he only and I mean ONLY did this when he felt bad or scared. I knew my fish, I swear to you I knew that fish so well ... In this photo, he's clearly upset about living in a brackish 40g with mollies:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8A5qS ... sp=sharing

One other time, I do not have a photo, I was moving Puff's aquarium into a bigger one, I removed everything, fake plants, all decor.. only Puff sand and water was left... he did that pose curled up, pressed to the aquarium glass that butted up to the guppy aquarium that was next door to him. He felt scared, and being near the guppies made him feel better. Seeing this, I was like oh, yea, I am so sorry Puff, I put in an ornament, and he swam to it and inside it right away. Cutest fish ever that guy was.