Another PUFFER!

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Treekami
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA Minnesota

Another PUFFER!

Post by Treekami »

So I am happy to announce I added a new addition to my 40 gallon tank! another F8Puffer! for a while now I have been wanting another one along side my other puffer Copter but I was too nervous on the personality this new one might bring. Being that I have about 7 BBGs in the tank and my older puffer, adding a new friend is a gamble. So as time went on, I was seeing that my older puffer was not being as active and bored. (that and his teeth needed to be trimmed which I did) so I took a chance and went to the store where I adopted my first F8 puffer. They had ONE left with the GSPs. I watched his behavior closely for a good 20 minutes decided if he/she was the right one. See that the puffer was not picking on the GSPs and the GSPs weren't picking on him either (no bite marks) I decided to adopt him out! I got the new puffer home, dripped acclimated him (calling him a boy cause have no idea the sex on them) and added him in with my other boy Copter. At first they were establishing territory showing one another who's boss. And the new puffer left the BBGs alone. After about an hour, they seemed to calm down and start following one another. Granted when it came to food time, the new puffer was scaring Copter away but after a few weeks in his new home they started eating together. Having another puffer in the tank with Copter also helped him to be more social towards me and eat more!

I am very happy with my decision on doing this. It was scary yes but I was able to send the puffer back to the store after if he didn't get along with my tank mates.

so everyone Meet Heli and copter. LOL!

Heli:

Copter:

and their tank:
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Another PUFFER!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Yay!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"