How different are your gsp's personalities?

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
Prickle8
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

How different are your gsp's personalities?

Post by Prickle8 »

Asking out of curiosity. I have two gsp's and my first one will eat anything I give him and just casually swims around the tank not giving two hoots about anyone including me.
My other gsp is always inquisitive about things on the outside of the tank, is a picky eater who won't eat any kind of worm but wants to be fed by tongs. This one also sleeps in the same spot and will periodically check her 'bed' out during the day and rearrange the sand by it.

It's amazing how their personalities are so different.
hadla
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California

Re: How different are your gsp's personalities?

Post by hadla »

That is hilarious! The second seems to have ocd! Yeah I’ve noticed the difference in my two, Olive is a lot shyer than spot unless there’s food involved!
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
TyeTye
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Ohio

Re: How different are your gsp's personalities?

Post by TyeTye »

I’ve had my GSP Sandra for 4 months now and she is very skittish. She is definitely a scaredy cat. She won’t even going into any caves I put in her aquarium. She gets bored very easily. I changed up her aquarium once every 1-2 weeks. Sandra is very good driven. I feed her a bunch of live food. I have a 55 gallon breeder tank for ghost shrimp, cherry shrimp, and snails. Any fast movements outside her tank stresses Sandra out. Needless to say, I can’t wait until she gets out of this phase. Lol