Colomesus Psittacus ( Banded Puffer ) Anyone have any experience keeping one that they would like to share?

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
csduck17
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: 55g- Schoutedeni
15g- Carinotetraodon irrubesco
Location (country): United States

Colomesus Psittacus ( Banded Puffer ) Anyone have any experience keeping one that they would like to share?

Post by csduck17 »

In all honesty, I expect to get a misidentified SAP puffer.
Last edited by csduck17 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Colomesus Psittacus ( Banded Puffer ) Anyone have any experience keeping one that they would like to share?

Post by Pufferpunk »

Contact Wesley Wong on Facebook, he's been supplying them for years.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
csduck17
Puffer Fry

Re: Colomesus Psittacus ( Banded Puffer ) Anyone have any experience keeping one that they would like to share?

Post by csduck17 »

Pufferpunk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:55 am Contact Wesley Wong on Facebook, he's been supplying them for years.
Thank you for the suggestion. I got in contact with him and this is actually one of his fish he imported that I'm getting.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

Cool! As far as I know, he's the only supplier of them.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
csduck17
Puffer Fry

Post by csduck17 »

csduck17 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 am In all honesty, I expect to get a misidentified SAP puffer.

Got one of these guys being shipped to me this week.From the few people I have been able to get in touch with that has kept them they never got to their maximum size of 10"-12". One guy maxed out at just under 9 inches and the other 7inches. Both had them for 5+ years.

So my plan atm is full fresh for 1-2 months and then acclimating him up to a low brackish point with the hopes of him being able to stay life long at that point. Any thoughts or anything to add?