Tetraodon nigroviridis.

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
nib79
Puffer Fry
Location (country): Italia

Tetraodon nigroviridis.

Post by nib79 »

Hello everyone, I present you my friends, 2 tetraodon nigroviridis. The tank is 150 liters and the values ​​are optimal for the species including a very slight salinity of 1005. The tank has been active for several years and inside there were about 200 snails physa readily eaten by tetraodon in the first hours after insertion. They are fed with chironomus, clams, dates and shrimp trying to vary the diet as much as possible. Salinity will be increased in the future. A short video for you.

https://youtu.be/rNxxhQkXBDg
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Tetraodon nigroviridis.

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
That tank really is only large enough to keep a single adult happy. Do you have plans on upgrading? Will you be raising the salinity soon?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
nib79
Puffer Fry

Post by nib79 »

Hello, I read on a guide book ("starting the brackish acquarium" of Cody Shoup) It suggests among the many possible arrangements, a tank of 130 lt or greater with 2 tetraodon and 5 brachigobius. For the salinity discourse as the puffer grows I will bring it to about 1015. Values ​​always suitable also for the Microsorum.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Post by Pufferpunk »

It's possible but I wouldn't trust the puffers with slow-moving species like gobies.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
nib79
Puffer Fry

Post by nib79 »

In fact I would like to breed them alone, also because in the future I foresee not only to increase salinity, I would like to change the bottom by putting aragonitic sand bringing the values ​​of ph over 8 and salinity to 1015. So I stay on the monospecies.
nib79
Puffer Fry

Post by nib79 »

Short video meal, the smallest begins to assert himself at the time of feeding.

https://youtu.be/ikqhhg39RXc