Urgent - sick GSPs

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
NJD
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): UK

Urgent - sick GSPs

Post by NJD »

Hi,

I need some help with my GSP’s.

I ordered some frozen fish food over the net (because there was a much better selection than in any of my LFS’s). We missed the delivery and in short the food ended up being out of the freezer for a couple of days and completely thawed/room temp. The seller advised that I refreeze and it should be ok. I fed some frozen chopped cockles/squid to my GSP’s on weds. Yesterday they didn’t look too happy. This morning they are on the bottom of the tank, not moving and not looking happy at all.

I have done water tests and the water is perfect (I had only anyway done a water change on the weekend). It must be the food that has made them sick.

Doesn’t look like they’ll last the day, certainly not the weekend – any urgent advice on what I can do to help turn things around??

Last time I order frozen food online!!
NJD
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): UK

Re: Urgent - sick GSPs

Post by NJD »

sorry about multiple posts - my internet messed up as I was clicking submit
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Urgent - sick GSPs

Post by Pufferpunk »

Could try cleaning out their system by adding one tablespoon Epsom salt per 10 gallons.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"