Well I screwed up pretty bad

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
RainMaker13
Puffer Fry
Location (country): United States

Well I screwed up pretty bad

Post by RainMaker13 »

I decided to add a figure 8 puffer into an uncycled tank. Ive been doing daily water changes, but the ammonia seems to stay between .50, and 1.0.

The puffer doesnt seem to behave differently, and he has bright colors, and a white, plump belly.

He is at 1.006 SG, and being fed baby MTS, wax worms, frozen brine shrimp, and the occasional live ghost shrimp as a treat.

He is in a 20 gallon long, with both a filter and a bubbler, which I often witness him playing in, darting in and out of the bubble column.

He has ich, but thats a seperate issue that he is being treated for.

2 bottles of safe start bacteria were added, and i honestly dont know how to tell if the tank is cycled. Ive just been checking the ammonia levels, as forementioned.

Is my little jerry able to survive until the cycling process is complete?
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Well I screwed up pretty bad

Post by Pufferpunk »

Guess he's gonna have, to, huh? Any way to get cycled media from a BW tank? Daily WC will be necessary.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"