Golden wonder killifish (tank- raised strain of aplocheilus lineatus) in brackish?

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
ModestusMussorgsky
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Golden wonder killifish (tank- raised strain of aplocheilus lineatus) in brackish?

Post by ModestusMussorgsky »

Saw these guys at the fish store and was wondering about adding some to my soon-to-be figure-8 tank. Apparently they live in low-level brackish in wild and some aquariums. They are good sized, probably 3.5 inches total.
I have many anubias and other plants in the upper regions. Would they succeed at staying out of reach or become puffer food? So far I have only one knight goby in the aquarium, but figure-8 is in the shop on hold.
Thanks!
Iliveinazoo
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: 1xFigure 8
Location (country): UK

Re: Golden wonder killifish (tank- raised strain of aplocheilus lineatus) in brackish?

Post by Iliveinazoo »

I looked at having them for my Figure 8 tank but my concern was the Killifish being too aggressive. At the time there was a member on here who said that he/she had them previously and the combination worked. I didn't get them because I plan on adding some Bumblebee Gobies when I find them in the future.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Golden wonder killifish (tank- raised strain of aplocheilus lineatus) in brackish?

Post by Pufferpunk »

Your F8s will kill them.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
ModestusMussorgsky
Puffer Fry

Post by ModestusMussorgsky »

Okay, thank you for the replies. Sounds like the Killifish are a no for that tank. Perhaps I'll have to put a pair into the snail factory tank instead.
Thanks!
PYRU
Figure 8 Puffer

Post by PYRU »

It's hit and miss like everything else. I've seen bbg's work and I've seen bbg's killed. Don't put anything in a puffer tank that you can't bare the thought of being killed or maimed. Bigger the tank the better your chances.