Figure 8 Tank: Smallest Puffer Being the Bully

The forum for puffers that either live or start in brackish biotopes: GSPs, F8s, Ceylons & more.
mynameisnick4
Puffer Fry
Location (country): USA

Figure 8 Tank: Smallest Puffer Being the Bully

Post by mynameisnick4 »

I first want to thank everyone on this forum. I have spent countless hours on this site leading up to my figure 8 puffer tank. The tank is 55 gallon tank that I cycled over the course of a month and a half and raised it to 1.003 salinity before bringing home three figure 8s almost two weeks ago. Everything has been going fine. They have been eating like pigs and I have been treating for parasites with metroplex/focus.

However in the past two days I have noticed the smallest puffer of the three starting to chase the bigger two around. Especially when I am near the tank and they all come towards where I am. The last few times feeding he spends more time chasing the other two than eating. When I first brought them home I was a bit worried because they did seem rather large and I feared I might have gotten mature adults instead of juveniles.

I'm not sure if this is just me being a paranoid new fish owner or nothing to really worry about. Here are some pics of the tank and the fellas in question. In the last picture you can the bully going after one of the others.
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
My Puffers: Filbert, the 12" T lineatus
Punkster, the 4" red T miurus
Mongo, the 4" A modestus
2 T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
Also kept:
lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC

Re: Figure 8 Tank: Smallest Puffer Being the Bully

Post by Pufferpunk »

Are they getting along better?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"